Opinion on dating Muslim guys?

How would it be for a white woman to date a Muslim guy that has recently come from the middle east to live in America? Anything I should know? I'm not sure how religious he is, but I do know he has never had a drink or done drugs which means he is probably at least fairly religious. I met him at my university and he is about 21. He seems pretty normal and sweet and hasn't shown any signs of crazy.

I know there are a lot of stereotyopes out their about people that are Muslim like there are with people from all religions but I'd like some opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever kind of guy he is or may seem you must understand that the very core of his culture is different from what we regard as acceptable as far as gender roles go. Be prepared to be unpleasantly surprised once you start dating.

Take that advice any way you want, stereotype or not, you've been warned.

What Guys Said 3

• ppphh... it's about the dumbest thing you can do - think of the Boston bombers for example ;)

• Boston bombers were Americans after all you racist sweet people ??

• ask the boston bombers widow what it's like dating a Muslim.

What Girls Said 6

• Technically Muslims aren't allowed to date, but since you don't know how religious he is that may not apply to him. Just get to know him that's the best way to find out.

• well . luckly you got someone perfect whos gonna treat you right..but didn't undristand is he your boyfriend or what?..

• I personally would never date a Muslim but give him a go if he has a clean track record so far.

• i think it is ok

• i think you should see first how religious he is.

• Try dating him and see what it's like. Get to know him. If your differences turn out to be too much and you guys are incompatible, then call it off.