True or False, guys want to date or sleep with their female friend(s)?

I was argruing with a guy who was angry that I didn't understand why his hatred of women is justified.

He called me a C-U-N-T for not knowing that when guys are nice to you, they like you. Also, the only reason a guy would only waste the time and effort helping a female friend is if he wanted to date her or screw her.

Then the guy got angry with me some more ranting that women expected men to be nice to them but give nothing in return (I guessed he was talking about sex, but I could be wrong) and he said "NOTHING IS FREE".

• True
  • False
This is the original comment:

"no you stupid **** very few guys would? bother being nice to you for any real length of time if he didn't like you.. when you keep monopolizing a guys time and effort chances are that he is interested in you. IF YOU WEREN'T SO IGNORANT YOU WOULD KNOW THIS. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO EXPECT ANY GUY TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU WITHOUT RECIPROCATION.NOTHING IS FREE . NOT INTERESTED IN A GUY?DONT GO AROUND EXPECTING HIM TO BE DOING THINGS FOR YOU."
I never said I expected anything from guys, but I did say nice PEOPLE do things with expecting a reward. Apparently, in his perspective, guys are different. However, I think he was really havig a flashback which is why he said "dont expect a guy to go around and do things for you."

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say SOME guys want to sleep with SOME of their female friends. Just as SOME girls want to sleep with SOME of their male friends. I would say the number of guys who would is higher than the number of girls.

The guy who said that to you is just plain wrong. I would say the number of guys who would sleep with ALL of their female friends is extremely low. I personally don't know any guy like that.

I would say it's pretty common for a guy to have a crush on one or two of his female friends.

I, on the other hand, would never sleep with any of my female friends. Many guys I know are like me in that regard.

• LOL at the female responses so far. No wonder some women come across as arrogant: who wouldn't be arrogant, if they thought all their opposite-sex friends wanted to sleep with them?

• Also, if it is true, then why do you see questions on GAG from girls who've confessed liking their male friends and yet were rejected?

• The female response was NOT what I was expecting.

What Guys Said 13

• Nah. I have a lot of female friends. Even to the point that it is making me uncomfortable. I want to sleep with like 10% of them. I've had this discussion before but I think it is just immature guys that think this way. Why would having a vagina stop people from being friends? Granted, I bond with males more easily, but if a girl is cool, she's cool...

• I'd say false in the sense that it can be a reason, but not always nor for everyone. I for one would not sleep with my female friends, because they are my friends and I regard them as such. I keep "friends" and "people I would sleep with" folders separated.

• Girls can be friends just like guys. It's a little different because I'm attracted to girls and not guys and occasionally I've had sex with them which will never happen with a guy friend.

• depends on if the guy finds them attractive and if they would rather keep the friendship than risk ruining it with sex.

• I'd restate that to say 'if given the opportunity, most guys would sleep with their attractive female friends'. That's more true.

• its not that I wanna sleep with them perse, its just that I wouldn't be opposed to sleeping with them.

• Most guys? ya. But not all. And not all of their female friends.

• true mostly

• Let's be honest a lot of times you can tell when someone is puppy dogin you so if you are just taking advantage most definitely you a c unt and a twat . Say whatever I don't care but that's how guys end up saying friend zone because it's clear that they are going out of there way more so than a average friend scenario .

• Something tells me your the person that made that comment and your mad that I exposed you to people.

• no, I wouldnt.

• Neither because it depends. Some girls he may want to sleep with (or at least think about it).

And there are girls who he would not want to sleep with for various reasons.

I have a female friend with whom I would sleep with if she asked me to or something like that. And I have female friends with whom I would never sleep with.

• I think every guy or girl wants to date or sleep with one of their guy or girl friends but I'd say the majority of them are strictly just friends

• If you are attractive at all and if she wanted to hell yes

What Girls Said 11

• no,plenty of guys have been nice to me simply because they're nice people. as in-nice to everyone. he's just projecting his own moral retardation on other guys. some people are just plain polite. gay guys have been nice to me and I know they don't want ANY of this.

• that guy is an ass. no one owes anyone anything. its your choice to be kind. if you're expecting something in return its not kindness,its lust.

i think people should be kind in general. but as I said before. not quid pro quo. that's more like prostitution. not being nice.

• he doesn't mean reciprocation. he's not telling you to buy him dinner. he means sex. he should be honest since he's yelling at you for being false.

• As you get older its more true

Most guys don't talk to you or befriend you out of nowhere…There's always a reason

• Wow, your friend is kind of a mean bastard, isn't he?

I can't speak for all men or all women, but I can say that I have male friends who are JUST friends, and they are nice to me and I'm nice to them. I mean... damn.

• Wow you are friend is an ass and I voted B

• it depends on hwo the girl ooks, what the guy looks for in a girl and what their relatinship is like

• if they find the girl attractive they would

• Not 100% of the time. I've had many guy friends over the years, none of them wanted me romantically or sexually. And yes, I know that positively. MY friends, if they'd wanted me, they would've gone for me. That's how they are.

• I love staring at your picture! You are just so cute! X3

• Thank you, haha!

• yes, cause guys only want girls for sex. they're only nice to us, take us on dates, text us first, is because they want sex. they aren' t being genuinely nice.

• It's absolutely TRUE. It's their only interest, they don't want to be your friends. This guy is right.

• Yeah that's true. I wish guys were more open about it, so then we can avoid them