Can you "accidentally" text someone?

I was sort of seeing a guy a few months ago who ended up moving to Texas for grad school. Anyways, we kept in contact and still talk here and there. The other night I was telling him how I was home in our hometown and he said that he was jealous and asked how it was. I responded with something like "it's always nice to be home" and he replied with "i miss you". I said "haha sarcasm?" and he replied with "what?" and I said "are you being sarcastic?" and he said "oh don't worry about it, that was a wrong message". I never replied because that made it a bit awkward. Anyways, was he trying to brush it off or was it really an accidental text? It seemed like too much of a coincidence to be an accident, but maybe I'm hoping too much. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• This kind of thing happens to me on occasion. If I'm texting more than one person at a time, sometimes I might not see that I'm in the wrong conversation before typing a message and sending it.

So the general rule here is: if there's a plausible explanation for something, don't read too much into it...ESPECIALLY if you're trying to see something you want ;)

What Guys Said 3

• seems like he was trying to brush it because you didn't say "miss you too" on a PC you can mis text someone but at least for me it's very rare. don't know about a phone though.

• I'd trust him. Even if it was a deliberate message to you it was an accident, he decided, to send it.

• so you're saying that he meant it? or it really was an accident?

• Or he can't organize his conversations at all. Both possible. Whatever the case an accident is an accident.

• it can happen if you have two or more people with that same name for instance. I've done that.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds to me like he was just trying to brush it off since you didn't respond the way he had hoped you would have responded, but it could have also been an accident. Just ignore that it happened.

And to answer your question, yes you can accidentally text people, it so happens that one time I accidentally texted one of my guy friends that I wanted him in bed, but it was meant to go to another friend as sarcasm... lol my guy friend just confronted me on it and I told him it was an accident and we moved on.

• i think it can happen

• that has never happened to me ever.