I don't think I am dating and this is why...

I don't really date, occasionally some girls will ask me to go out with them as friends, or do something and that is about it. Sometimes I am pretty interested in some girls but I don't ask them out. I think it is because I don't feel like a man. I don't have my own place yet, I am starting to have my own money, figuring the type of man I want to be, and concerned I wouldn't have the time to give the proper attention to a certain girl. Is this unusual?

What Girls Said 2

• No I feel that way as a woman, but, the fact is that you ARE moving towards establishing yourself which is a great thing. These times are hard, especially for people our age, even for young couples.

Anyone that would be good for you in the long run would view that and be perfectly fine with it. Don't be so hard on yourself.

If you feel you won't have "proper" time for someone then let them know you have a busy schedule up front so they don't expect anything else and understand. And you would be surprised how many woman actually like that these days.

I like being in a relationship don't get me wrong, but I do things much differently these days. I like having my own time, and my friend time, guys I date are an addition to my life, not the end all be all. And if it ends, I'm perfectly fine because I've continued my separate lifestyle from them.

• I feel I have established myself. I know what I want, I know how to get it, and I know where to go. I just feel growing into this role was different than most other guys. I just feel like I had to be succcessful with my own life and goals and all that stuff.

I haven't had a seriously relationship or really anything but it would be great to just go out with someone and have fun. Nothing necessarily serious but just enjoy the person your with and whatever your doing.

• nobody's forcing you to date...

What Guys Said 0