Would a very christian guy date an atheist girl?

What do you think? I know it depends on the person, but generally...if you're a christian guy and your faith means a lot to you, you are involved in religious groups, all that, would you date an atheist girl.

Its not my preference but there's a christian guy I have been hanging out with recently and I really like him. I know he likes me too, I can tell. We can both feel the chemistry or energy between us, we make flirty jokes, we were cuddling last night watching movies. I can tell he's attracted to me because I catch him checking me out sometimes or he gets really awkward when he comes along with friends to go out and I'm all dressed up (you know what I mean, sexy clothes lol) But he knows I'm atheist and not in favor of religion. I wonder if that's the factor that keeps him from asking me out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm keep in mind that it may not matter very much when it comes to dating but what if it becomes really serious someday? Think about the future and how marriage or perhaps raising kids would be a difficulty. Both you and him would want something different I'm sure. You may want your kids to make up their own minds about religion without parental interference and he may want your kids to be raised in the same faith he has. This is when it becomes difficult being with someone who is religious when you aren't.

• Trust me I wish it was like all the romantic movies and songs that always claim that "love is all you need" but in reality I've found it's a lot more complicated than that.

• i absolutely agree

• yeah it's sad but.. what can be done? :P

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe but it probably won't work out. He acknowledges God as his ultimate authority. You, as an atheist acknowledge no ultimate authority (well, really you are your own authority). I can't imagine a relationship lasting very long with that type of foundation.

• I personally wouldn't

• I would since I don't see religion as too big of a factor in dating (unless it is really wacky like Scientology or something) but the problem is that others wouldn't accept it and I don't think she would accept me either.

• i would, it wouldn't matter to me

What Girls Said 6

• No. He wouldn't. None of the religious christian guys that I know would date an atheist girl. The ones that do usually are very broken in their faith or they are not serious about their christianity.

• No if he's a strict Christian he'd go for a religious girl.

• If they don't if you don't believe in god then maybe

• No they would not. If he's as religious as you say, you will never have a chance with him. Slutty/sexy clothing is not really something a very religious guy would be okay with his female friend/girlfriend wearing. Also, the lack of religious values is a massive thing to consider as a Christian in choosing a potential partner.

As a Christian female, I would never, no matter how nice he is, date an atheist male. And my boyfriend is deeper in touch with his faith than I am and I know for a fact he would never date someone outside of it. There're just too many unneeded conflicts that come from it.

Relationships are hard enough as it is without adding in conflicting religious views.

• i don't think the possibilities are big.

• yes, as long as she doesn't force her religion on him