So I'm in a serious relationship...and I need your opinions.

So this guy I have been dating, we met in college (We are still currently in college, but will graduate next yr) was my first, and I was his first. we have been dating for almost 2 yrs. but there's a problem...after graduation...i won't move in with him, because I don't approve of that before marriage. but we live (when we are not at school) like 300 miles from each other. so its either, we get married, or we go our separate ways. I don't think he wants to get married soon tho. what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hold your ground, but get around to asking him the hard questions of when he wants to get married and if he think he might consider marrying you at some point. Long distance will probably not work. You don't necessarily have to move in WITH him, but you could consider moving to his general area to continue dating and see where it goes. You could ask him if he'd consider doing that for you. Keep holding your ground though! I don't think it's good to rush into marriage for that reason, nor is it good to live with each other in order to avoid breaking up. There is always another way. "Love is PATIENT".

• Thank you so much, this really helped.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you have to agree on a long distance...friendship? For some time! See if, after you no longer see each other regularly, you still retain romantic feelings for each other.

It's probably for the best you live for a time in the 'real' world, after school is finished, before setting up household together, which for you would mean the formality of marriage.

• Prepare for the worst. Pray for the best.

• If you think that he will never want to get married, you should just fin another guy.

What Girls Said 5

• I think that you guys should talk about marriage, and if you decide that now is not the right time, then one of you should move to the same city or area as the other, and just get separate apartments. Of course this also depends on what jobs you have, and where you want to end up, but that's all part of planning life after college. I agree with some others that long-distance probably will not work, and don't move in together if it's something you aren't comfortable with or don't agree with.

• Although, I do respect your beliefs, not living together seems pretty ridiculous. I recommend at least a month or two before marriage. People have odd habits, that you don't see otherwise. *Enspecially* when you live so far apart. I'm not recommending sex, or even sleeeeping in the same bed (although that's typical), but just get to knw the person better through living together. It's honestly the only way I'd say yes.

• i think you should just move on

• move to a place alon near him or make him do it.

• maybe move closer together. and I mean you guys have been dating for a long time so to talk about marriage shouldn't be that big of a problem. God bless :)