Should I date someone who isn't my type?

I met someone for the first time last night and we went to the movies. He's really sweet probably one of the nicest guys who's ever taken me out...but he's kinda not my type. Usually guys who are my type won't give me the time of day that's why I want try things out with this guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• So if those guys won't give you the time of day, how how to you consider them your type? They are only what you THINK you want, and are we talking purely about looks here? Yes, go out with the other guy, it's ONLY a date. If you decide it's not what you want, no harm no foul. It really takes dating many different types of people, to TRULY figure out what you want. Throw ideas of type out the window, things just don't work that way.

What Guys Said 2

• Like in what sense is he not your type? I'm always confused when I hear girls say "He's cute but not my type" Like what do you mean? So are you saying the guys that are your type are 9s and 10s and your a 5? (Not implying that you are being that I don't know what you look like)

Why not expand your mind? So many people whine and complain of not getting the super models...I think we all need to expand our minds

• yes, why wouldn't you?

What Girls Said 5

• give him a chance, who cares if he's not your type if things go well between you

• Sure give it a go

• yes, it doesn't matter if the person is not your type

• Yeah you should. My friend did, at first she wasn't into this guy AT ALL. But was like hey if I go on one date with this guy and hate it and then I don't have to. Now they've been dating for four years, he loves her off! However, he can be a bit of an ass to others lol

• yes, if you are a lttiel attracted to him then give it a chance.