Please help, was this a one night thing or something more?

So Saturday night I met up with this guy who had messaged me on this dating site. He really wanted to meet up with me and I finally convinced myself to go for it. I was nervous, he was extremely good looking but I went ahead and met him.

It was great. We did cuddle and kiss a little but he was a gentleman and didn't try anything else. We held hands when we were out of his apartment running errands and I actually spent the night. I know not classy, but he lives 40 min away and by the time it was too late for him to take me back so I spent the night. Again, he didn't try anything...we just kind of kissed. He called me babe a few times and was a really fun, sweet guy.

Problem is, he left to go back to where he was from. He was over in my area saving up money to pay for college and got fired from the job so had to go back. He didn't know this until recently and is now half way across the US. He texted me yesterday and all but I have no idea what this whole thing meant. He treated me like his girl, held the car door open for me, kissed me on the forehead and was really nice.

I know it would be easy just to talk but should I even have the intention of this meaning anything more? I feel like it would be different if we had hung out a few times but we only met and hung out once...I feel weird asking what the whole night meant. If it was just a one night thing wouldn't he have not texted me or tried more with me? I'm sure he could get another girl with no problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think he liked you but now can do anything since he's really far away. you didn't do anything with him so its not a one night thing. you just need to see if he will come back to you

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with the other guy. Somethimes you just meet a nice person and have a good time on a date but don't work out for some reason. It doesn't mean he didn't like you, just that the time wasn't right.

• 1-nighter.

• Why are you saying this?

• Based on a lot of details and data and my conclusion. Which no one cares about. So I will leave now.

What Girls Said 3

• Getting fired from job and having to go back ? I think he has more important issues than trying to work a long distance relationship , so he is eventually going to decrease the number of the messages and finally be over with whatever you have going on between you two.

• It was a one night thing

• since he is from far away I would say it was a one night thing