He was calling me everyday. Now he had slowly stopped. Why?

I am a 55 year old female. I consider myself attractive, intelligent, etc. I was contacted 2 weeks ago by a man on the dating site I am on. He gave me his phone number saying that he hoped I didn't think he was being too bold. I actually called him immediate. We spoke for a while. He told me some details about his life. I asked why he was thing me all of that. He said because he felt comfortable with be. Said he had a good gut feeling. By the way, he is in law enforcement. At any rate, he said he wanted to meet me. Began xking me everyday. Then he suddenly had a shift change. Said we will have to meet the next week... This started on 6/28/13. It is now 7/16/13. We still haven't met. He doesn't answer my text or voice mails. Yesterday he sent a text, " patience will bring us together". I have been emaing him, texting, etc. I feeling a teen stalker. I see him online on the dating site. He doesn't contact me. My daughter says that just because it reads online on the site, doesn't mean he is on the site. What should I do?

Sorry for the typos. I am ready to begin a relationship. But most of the men I meet online are either, scammers, players, married or looney. I am very frustrated and anxious to start my life with someone. I am 55. Although I look much younger the reality is that I am not. This waiting game is wasting precious time. Sometimes, like now, I want to scream. Someone please tell me what I should do about this man?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its normal for people on dating sites to be dating/talking to multiple people at the same time.

In fact, I would specifically advise that for you, going forward. What you'd like to do is not move desperately from one man to another, getting emotionally caught up in men you've never even met (when as you say, a lot are players or married or not really available).

Are you actually in NY? What you want to do is meet in person much faster, meet more men, go on a couple actual dates in person, see if you have chemistry, etc., then proceed further if things are going well.

What Guys Said 1

• This is just speculation, of course, but if he is on a dating site he may be in contact with several women. Perhaps you were his #1 option until another woman came along who he finds more attractive, interesting, or who lives closer to him. Now you are his #2, but he wants to keep you as a backup in case the new #1 doesn't work out (he may not even have met her yet). Unfortunately, this is the way online dating sometimes goes. Although this is not a pleasant experience for you, I think this happens almost everyone who dates online. It's probably best to be patient. You can always keep looking for other guys yourself. Perhaps this other woman won't work out and then you two might really hit it off in the end. Or maybe you will find an even better match in the meantime. Good luck!

• I live in the New York area... After writing the above question, I sent him a text message basically stating that if we are not meeting or chatting then I will move on... He responded much later with, "no. You are OK. I am anxious to meet too"... Huh?... I again calls his cell... Now it goes straight to vm... I pretty much left same type of message... But, following your advice, I am moving on... Isn't sad how these guys have time to contact you online... Then, bam!... No able to reacanymore

What Girls Said 3

• I've been on dating sites. Mostly found that there are numerous interest going on at the same time. That being said don't hold your breath waiting for him to meet you. Continue meeting others and enjoying the single life. At 55 you know by now the ways of the relationship 'game'. Keep in mind these sites have A LOT of game players. He may be a great guy, friendly and respectable but That in itself does not make him the best relationship candidate for you.

Best of luck! Don't Rush it - (the right one comes just as you give up hope)

• i think he just has other women on the side

• i thin he has other option so he told you all that stuff. you should try and meet guys in real life too. go out and tlak to them in coffee shops, stores, public places. play by the numbers and you will find somebody.