She's in a relationship, so should I read anything into her texting me the day after we hung out?

Hung out with a girl I hadn't seen in a few years. She has a boyfriend, though. Anyway, we had a lot of fun, and when it was over, I was just in my car when she texted me that it was good to see me again.

Then the next night, late night, she texted me just to say hi.

However, she seems to be in quite a serious relationship. If she was single, I would take those texts to mean she was interested, however I think she might just see me as a friend since she's in a new city by herself. Do you think I'm right?

It's been four days since then, haven't heard anything from her. There's a chance she might text later in the week to hang out though, maybe not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand your confusion, usually when I text a guy like that it's because I like him.

However, since she has a boyfriend, you should assume it's just friendly and she's not interested in you. Even if she is being flirty, you don't want to get involved in a girl who's dating someone else.

Be a friend to her, but nothing more. Good luck!

• yeah, that's why I'm confused. Usually those kind of texts would be from girls who are interested in me. I don't know why she did it then.

• It could be that she's lonely, like you said. Or maybe she's just a very friendly person. Some girls have naturally "flirty" personalities and it seems like they are flirting with everyone, when really they're not that's just how they treat friends.

What Girls Said 6

• it means she misses you and likes you.

• She doesn't have interest more than a friendship

• even with her texting me right away when we were done hanging out and again the next night just to say hi and tell me what she was doing?

• yes even then.

• i think she was just being friendly

• Okay, it sounds like this girl can't choose between you and her boyfriend. She is probably using you as her 'guy on the side' and a back-up plan for if her boyfriend fails. I know how you feel (except obviously with a male) but she is just playing you, if she was serious her and her boyfriend would be over :/

• yeah, she's been with her boyfriend for three years. She even moved to live in the same state as him. But due to job, now she's had to move out of that state (and into mine). Seems pretty serious, don't know if I should pursue her any.

Maybe just not initiate anything? See if she'll initiate hanging out? Or just decline if she asks?

• It sounds like her boyfriend is serious and she was serious but now that she has moved away from him she's getting bored and she needs someone else.

Good luck though (:

• no, it was just frinedly.

• i don't htink you should read into it at all

What Guys Said 3

• dud she was just being a girl she's not into you.

• No.

• shes just bieng a girl man she's not interested just becuase of that.