Losing interest or just not interested to begin with?

She used to answer all my texts right away and used to send lots of smileys. Now there are times where she replies after a long time or just doesn't reply altogether. She also doesn't use any smileys anymore. There is often a decent amount of time between each of our conversations because oftentimes I don't have free time to text her. Sometimes there will be maybe a week between, other times I can text her for a couple days straight. This week my schedule is relatively free so I'm able to talk to her more, but she hasn't responded or she takes a while to respond. I'm not able to call her either because my phone is broken and can't make calls at the moment so all I can do is text. We were going to hang out this week, I was going to take her out to lunch and then catch a movie. She said she wanted to go but she had to check to make sure her family wasn't doing anything (they often go camping or have picnics together in the summertime) and hasn't gotten back to me on that. On a side note, if she doesn't respond how long should I really wait before texting her again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls do lose interest if there is no advancement after a while. But you have plans. Text her to confirm Thursday night (so that it gives you a respectable time to make other plans) If she doesn't get back to you by Friday afternoon, let her go.

What Girls Said 1

• i would say she lost interest

What Guys Said 1

• Presuming this was over a period of months ( you never know ) and did not start during the summer ( again, no clue ) you would be looking at declining interest. If she isn't going to respond then don't bother texting her. At worse use your housephone or a landline to call her.

• It was over a period of two or three months. The only other explanation that I could think of is that she didn't get my text. Which has happened between us twice. But I feel like it wouldn't be likely that she didn't get my text three times in two weeks. Anyway is there a way I can save myself from declining interest?

• Yes and no. Yes in the fact that you can arrange more meetings and talk to her vocally more often. The better the communication and the mode of communication the stronger the bonds between people. Texts are by far the worst means of gauging the interest of another person because you can text people while playing videogames with voice technology and be paying absolutely no attention to them at all. Doing that on the phone is impossible. No, in the sense that you cannot alter how she reacts.