Girls can you shed some light on this?

Just wondering about what went wrong?

I had been 'talking' to this girl for a while and it was her birthday the other day. I sent her a present the in the mail. I text her Happy Birthday and she said thanks that she was having a good day. I didn't let on anything as I wanted the package to be a surprise. She wasn't home all day of her birthday but she has been home since and has not contacted me since. She has been on FB and all so I know she has been home. I can't believe how she could be like this. In all fairness even if she didn't like me she couldve at least text and say thank you but set me straight. I feel a bit stupid now for putting effort into her.

So what do you girls/guys think? Am I being too hasty or just kidding myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think she just thinks you are not capable of doing sexual things with her

What Girls Said 7

• Did you ask her if she got it? Maybe she didn't get it..

• She got it because I rang the postal service and they confirmed that it was delivered to the address

• what was the gift?

• i don't think she got the thing or she doesn't know what to say.

• i think she's having second thoughts of that istuation.

• Maybe she hasn't gotten it yet,.

• she is having doubts about you.

• maybe she didn't get the package

• She probably didn't get the package. If she received it and is ignoring you a couple of days after her birthday, then yes you have a problem.

I feel bad because I was really like this guy and he never wished me a happy birthday. =(

What Guys Said 4

• You are being too hasty. Next time, don't buy gifts in order to woo girls.

• Ya maybe, although it wasn't to woo her...it was my way of letting her know that I gave a crap. That backfired :/

• Never, ever sleep in the same bed with a woman before you have sex with her. You instantly become her friend.

• She really does not look at you as Boyfriend material. Why are you sending birthday presents to a girl "you have been talking to..."? Don't be so desperate with the next girl. This one is not interested at all.

• Well we have known each other for quite a while now, its not like we have just met. And I've slept in her bed (nothing happened) but I felt things were going that way. Obviously I was wrong.

• Are you completely out of your mind? Rule one in the code of conduct book for guys states, "NO man shall ever bear gifts to a girl he's only talking too". You can't buy a girls interest man. Gifts are okay, 6 mos after you've been dating, and she's your girlfriend. Very bad move brother. Never ever ever do this again. Not only does it makes you look terrible, its also a bit creepy.

• Dont think I explained myself properly in the original question, just take a look at the update. Thanks

• @ update> Good! you had me worried for the sake of the male gender! Regardless, ANY gift at your point in the relationship was bad form. Gifts are only meant to be used as rewards, and to say Thank you for treating me so well over the past 6 mos or yr. By her response or lack thereof to you...tells me she was nowhere near deserving of a gift! Any if she was...you NEVER mail it! Give it too her in person dude!

• Edit: AND if she was...