If a guy doesn't always text back even though he claims to be busy... Is he not interested?

We are both 21... We both work and college students. All last week, we talked every day. But then the next day, he never text meback. So the day after, I text him and we talked. But then I didn't hear from him for another few ore days. I talked to him Tuesday, but then I had to work so I said I'd talk to him after... He said okay sounds good. Then I never heard from him. So I text him yesterday and again got no response. He's not exactly the kind of guy that texts a girl first... So I'm a bit confused. This is the first guy I have actually perused after a long hard break up and getting over a psycho ex boyfriend. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see the problem here. He's just a normal guy that isn't glued to his phone. Get over it and stop judging your relationship purely based upon texting. Get to know the guy and judge him that way, not based upon how much, how often, or if he texts you back.

You're going to have a hard time keeping guys if you are the type that expects a guy to text/call you constantly, even every day. Adults get busy, and guys hate talking on the phone and texting, so its not uncommon for a guy to go a day or more without talking to you if he's busy. I know I personally just rather wait until I see the girl to talk to her. Of course I missing her, my lack of texts doesn't mean I don't miss her. I just know texting isn't going to do anything to fix that. Conversation doesn't stimulate hormones in men the same way it does in women, so texting you isn't going to change the fact that I haven't see you in 2 days.

• Really like your answer. Gave me a new insight on this... I actully thought most guys liked texting

• I can't necessarily speak for other guys, but along my same point, my guess is that most guys don't really enjoy the small talk and chit chat that girls like to do. When you have just met someone, the conversations are going to be more dry. Once you give each other time to connect and really get to know each other and become more emotionally involved in each others lives. The conversations get be deeper and more likely to entice the guy to play along and want to text you/respond.

• And again, a deep conversation I would prefer to have over dinner, coffee, or drinks (aka in person), not over texts. Texts are meant for me telling you when I picking you up for said dinner, or if you would like to go, not for having the entire conversation before we even get in the car so to speak.

What Guys Said 4

• Slow your roll. No well adjusted guy is gonna drop everything for a girl he barely know. Hell, my girlfriend and I have been together for nearly a year and a half and sometimes go a day or to without talking or texting.

• hes busy. believe it.

• Sounds like he's trying to be different than most other guys. Actually might be giving you a chance to pursue him a bit. Or..he might just be busy, and not like texting much anyway. I would hope he wouldn't text much at all. Instead, call you, or talk in person. Hang back. Let him persue you if he wants. If you don't hear from him in 10 days. Delete his number.

• Pro hint : If he says he's busy, then d'uh, he's busy.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly from what I just read, he seem like his not interested,

A guy who likes a girl will text her no matter what... so he might

Not be really into you... but I don't know I might be wrong

• well I don't think he's not interested he's jsut busy

• he won't answer because he is busy...