What is online dating like?

Im in college now and the whole concept seems so weird to me, which also makes it seem interesting. what's the deal can someone fill me in?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough for a guy. You're competing not only against normal, confident guys, but also against all the shy guys who do it instead of approaching girls in real life. Girls get flooded with messages.

And I'm not trying to be mean, but what kind of girl feels the need to resort to online dating? Either her standards are very high so she ends up rejecting all the guys who approach her, or she has serious problems that mean she can't hang on to a guy.

• Or she works 60+ hours a week, lives in a small town/rural area... there's lots of reasons why a girl would try online dating. Not all of us meet guys often and not all of us get approached on a regular basis.

• Workaholic in my case..well when I first joined I was working two jobs and going to school part time. So yea, not all the girls on there have "problems"

• Well, OK. But I would add that to the list of 'problems'. See my reply to canuck below.

What Girls Said 9

• Its not weird. Like sparrow24 said, you get a chance to get to know a person a little bit before actually meeting them.

I've done a little bit of online dating, worked out pretty well. You just have to know what you want and you have to meet up in person sooner rather than later. You do need to be good at communicating, especially at the beginning. If you can't write a decent profile or email, you're not going to have much luck. As long you keep a reality check, its fun.

• If I'm not talking about anything meaningful then for me it's a waste of time.

• I've done it before and frankly loved it! You might enjoy it, you know:)

• It is not for everyone but give it a good you might be success in finding a partner.

• It's bad, believe me. I've done it and you know what , most complex people who are ugly or are not confident use online dating. But do try it and see for yourself.

• i think its good for girls becuase you could get a lot of options but you might have a hard time unless you are really good looking.

• a big headache... most people are not serious there.

• It's not weird.

You get to learn a little about them before meeting them, which means conversation happens before anything physical. That part is great, in my opinion.

The bad part is because you spend weeks (sometimes) talking and liking each other, it puts a lot of pressure on that first meeting, which can make it unnecessarily stressful and awkward.

I met several boyfriends on dating sites, so it did find me relationships.

It's just like anything else... some people are good, some people are bad, and some just aren't right for you.

• i also find it weird, but I think it would be hard to work where I live

What Guys Said 2

• well there are always gonna be far more guys than girls on online dating sites, and since your a guy, your gonna have to make yourself stand out way more than girls do, which is lucky for them

• It's either hit or miss... most of the times it's miss :(

Also, guys really have no chance in finding an attractive, "quality" girl online either... the odds are not good.