Bartenders and girls?

Alright, so there is this bartender I met a while back but I don't know if he's actually telling the truth or just playing me. I know nothing about the bartending industry, so I'd like to get some insight.

He asked me out and we were supposed to go on a date but we had to cancel the first one. From that point on, it's been a nightmare to schedule this date. He says the date has to take place on one of his days off because he works until 3am every night.

It's been two months since we last saw each other and I'm on the verge of cutting him off because it's always the same drill.

I told him it's okay to tell me he's not interested but he denied such thing.

Anyway, I want to know if his schedule is really the problem? Do bartenders usually have a hard time dating people have a 9-5 schedule? Why do I have to wait until he gets a break?

Or is he just stringing me along?

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy I was kind of seeing a while before I met my current boyfriend, was a cook AND bartender, working two jobs. His cooking job went from like 2pm to 8pm, then from there it was straight to the bar down the street, and he'd be on shift till about 2:30am when the bars closed. Often he wouldn't be available until closer to 4am, because he'd be cleaning up and closing everything down. I worked more of a 9-5 schedule, so it was kind of impractical. Luckily our 'relationship' was mostly physical, because I usually only really saw him or got to spend time with him in the middle of the night when he'd get off. Usually I'd stay the night and either have to leave early if I worked, or crash with him for the day until he had to go back to work if I had the day off. If he had the day off, sometimes we'd hang out a lot longer. But it was rare that we'd see each other before the bar closed, unless I stopped in to hang out or something, because the bar he works at IS one of my favorite bars in town, unrelated to him working there.

So really, your best bet would be trying to schedule something on one of his days off, or during the day on a day he works. But keep in mind that he probably has to sleep a good portion of that time because he works nights.

What Guys Said 3

• He would probably get in trouble for dating a customer, but he's too polite or embarrassed to tell you he's too worried about his job to go out. So he just puts you off indefinitely!

• I'm not a customer. I've been there once when we first met and that's it. I don't go to bars.

• Cant they date customer?

• Generally they're discouraged from dating customers. That's considered bad for business.

• It's his schedule that's really the problem, or he just want you to be a loyal customer.

• Bartenders usually work on a night ,so you could try arranging a date for the daytime or on one of his days off.

What Girls Said 3

• my boyfriends a bartender and i work 9-5hours, it really is the schedule. you just gotta make things work with him.

how old is he?

• you have no idea how tiresome that shcedule is

• i think you could really see each other during day time, but a 9-5 schedule really f***s up everything