Why is my best friend(guy) acting so weird?

So my best friend(guy) has been texting me everyday for the past three days. From ten to midnight sometimes even one in the morning. Normally we text once a week. Now when we text I literally have nothing to say to him but expects me to keep the conversation going. I asked him if I was boring him he said " no I feel so much better talking to you. Text me tomorrow okay?" When I know I bored him. I'll text him but I literally have nothing to talk about and I don't want him to think that I don't want to talk to him. Why is he being so clingy? It's kind of annoying.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like there must be some kind of situation going on his life. Something that is causing him to seek comfort with you. My best guy friend did that with me a couple of months ago. He was having a situation with his ex-gf and he wanted guidance and comfort. We would talk about nothing sometimes, but it was just the fact that I was there that helped him through.

Have you ever been upset but you don't really want to talk about it but you also don't really want to be alone? He may be going through that. It doesn't matter what you guys talk about, it just matters that you are there. If you were really boring him, you have to trust him to either 1) tell you that he is feeling bored or 2) make an excuse to get off the phone. It doesn't sound like he's doing either, so I would say you're not boring him.

The only other explanation for his behavior I could think of is that he may have some feelings for you. That seems less likely to me then the above explanation, but it is possible.

What Guys Said 1

• It must be that he's going through something in his life now

What Girls Said 2

• well jsut don't text him a lot to get his interest.

• he might have a lot of things going on.