Why am I afraid to engage in conversations with guys?

This is more regarding online dating. You should know that I am a 22 year old who has yet to have a boyfriend and I've tried online dating sites in hopes of changing that. When I get to talking with a guy online, I find myself not wanting to write him back even if I think he is attractive and has many good qualities.

And when I do talk to them, I completely stop talking to them when they even mention meeting in real life.

Any tips you can give me for engaging guys in conversation in both real life and online?

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you first talk about online?

What Guys Said 4

• I am the same way, I'm scared to talk to women even if it's obvious they like me back. I get so anxious and feel so nervous I even sweat sometimes and get cold.

I think it's social anxiety, and you're just a shy nervous person by nature.

• sounds like you might just have general social anxiety, lots of people have. only way to talk to guys is trial and error really. just keep trying

• be glad you are not expected to do the approaching like we guys are

• It's because you fear that guys might reject you and you might just be embarrassing yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• idk much about online dating but irl I just treat them like how I treat my male cousins. I have many male cousins and I'm close to them so at least I pretty much have an idea what to talk about. I'm just good in conversing with guys I consider "friends" though like I'm so talkative and I joke freely to them but to the two guys I like before, it was very hard for me cause I kinda get nervous and I'm self-conscious most of the time so I just try to loosen up. :)

• well becuase of what you feel for them or how you are attracted to them. think of them as frineds or brothers and it mgiht help you tlak to them easily.

• well becuase you fear for your safety. I would jsut tell them to take it easy and let me get complete security in everything.