Is he needy, or am I a bad girlfriend?

If there's one thing my boyfriend hates, it's a girlfriend that takes hours to reply. He sees it as a sign of disrespect when his friends take minutes to reply, and his girlfriend takes hours. He has told me before that it bothers him when I do it, but he said if it is because I am busy with work or school then it is no problem at all. He texted me earlier today saying that he can't wait to see me and hopes that everything goes well with my first day at my internship. I saw the text but ignored it since it didn't seem that important. I replied 7 hours later and he seemed pissed off. Whenever I ignore his texts or reply late he gets annoyed.

He is the type of guy who would drop whatever he is doing to come see me, even if it's for a few minutes. He opens doors for me, tells me he loves me, takes care of me when I am sick or down, and shows his affectionate side despite the fact that he has never done so with anyone else. He puts me first no matter what. He also picks up my calls and replies to my texts quickly even if he is busy or out with friends, the one exception is if he is at work and even then he tries to reply. He's probably one of the sweetest guys that I've met. We have been together for 11 months, and it will be a year soon.

Is he being needy? Or am I not putting in any effort?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was the same way. He loves the attention he gets from you it makes him feel wanted and special, and in return he does the same for you.

What Guys Said 2

• No I don't think you're boyfriend is being needy, I'm the same way.

• He's not needy at all. It's just that you're not putting any enough effort.

What Girls Said 2

• i think you arnet putting as much effort as him, he's being a great boyfriend.

• i think he's kind of needby but not so much. I would think he's really into our relationship. I would like it.