Guys Only- Do you feel 'responsible' for your 'date?'

In general, do you feel that a date is a 'partner' venture, or that ultimately the overall responsibility of her safety is you job, specifically? Why?

If yes, does this extend to women in general, regardless of whether or not they were known to you personally?

Most Helpful Guy

• Any man that is a Man will feel responsible for his date. I get the door, walk with her on the inside furthest from the street and get up whens he gets up from the dinner table. If someone bumps into her, I will ask them to excuse themselves. If there is a crowd I walk first holding her hand behind me because I know people will get out of my way.

Some women don;t like this, Like its sexist. Well, that's me and I feel a man should look out for a woman. Any woman in fact. Just last week a woman was trying to lift her lawn mower out of the bed of her truck. I stopped got out of my Jeep and went and lifted it out of her truck for her. Hmm. I think that's ok.

• Very sweet :)

• Just curious how you just instinctively 'know' to do the things you mentioned (walking on traffic side, leading her through crowds etc...)?? Do you think they are learned or instinctive??

(and I agree....very sweet!)

• It's kind of like saying thank you. It's courteous. We feel that taking the hit for the woman, or doing things for her and stuff impresses her, or just makes her feel better. Which makes it worthwhile.

I'd say it was learned, but only because of that instinct to protect what we love.

What Guys Said 7

• Well ya, think about it your taking a stranger on a date, some chick you don't know very well, you want to get to your destination safely without getting in a wreck, and injuring yourself or her, and you don't wanna get sued. Then you want to make sure she doesn't get raped or robbed on the way to the door of the restaurant. I can't think of anyone unless they're an axe murder or something that would deliberately put a woman in danger of getting hurt on a date. So yes it a guys responsibility no matter how much of a nice guy or asshole he is, he will always want to make sure that she will not be in any type of real danger on a date. What kind of guys have you been dating, if they didn't want to make sure you were safe?

• be responsible you are speaking about her safety? like, making sure she makes it home alive?

• Well, yeah, alive, and hopefully no 'worse for the wear!!' But yes, generally speaking about you feeling responsible for keeping her safe.

• Absolutely. When I'm with any girl, even if she's only a friend I feel the need to protect her if need be. Even if I'm with a friend and his girlfriend..obviously it's the main guy to protect her, but I will step in to assist him if needed. Sounds corny, but I'm serious. =)

• When I go out with someone its because I see her as my potential wifey, so I always feel like I'm responsible for her safety. If I didn't see her as someone I wanna protect I wouldn't be taking the time to take her out.

• i think for the most part, its every man for himself, but yes, of course there are certain guidelines you should follow

• Yes and if the date doesn't knows you how can your date will know what you look like or anything.

• Yea. I don't do everything for her because she can very well take care of herself but I'll make sure she doesn't get in any danger.

• And how exactly would you make sure she didn't 'get into any danger??'

• Eyes open.

What Girls Said 1

• I know you said guys only... But it's about a guy, does that count?

I was on a first date with a guy, we went to a party and a fight broke out. A bad fight. Guns got pulled and I was freaking out, I'd never been in a situation like that. This guy was known for being an ass hole and a player so I figured I'd be fending for myself. Two seconds later he was grabbing my hand, sneaking me out the back door and we were running across a field with him trying to shield me from the house just in case. Normally, he would have stayed with his friends and fought and made sure everything was ok. But he took good care of me. When I told him I was surprised he told me while I was with him I was his responsibility.