Proposing on the first date, how common is this?

I've read a lot of stories of guys proposing marriage on the first date. What's the deal? Sounds absolutely crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say super rare.

What Girls Said 4

• Lol that's actually really scary. Do these guys walk around with a ring in their pocket at all times?

• I guess cultural differences eh

• it is totally weird!

• This is crazy I would think the guy was joking with me. You can't know a person at all after one date. I dated my ex for two years and I still didn't know him like I thought I did.

What Guys Said 4

• That doesn't sound like a real thing. Maybe it used to be 30-50 years ago when values were a little different. But nowadays if a person who you just met and are having an awkward first date with, proposes to you, you would freak out.

I doubt this actually happens.

• I never seriously hear of anyone doing that, I think it's more of an exaggeration by emotional girls that think a guy was too forward or too open to a relationship early in the talking phase. Then they blow it out of proportion to try and make him look bad.

• My only question about a guy who does this.

Is he a rapist who murders? Or is he a murderer who also rapes?

• It's quite uncommon. After all, people are quite rushing