POF online dating question

Alright so I just got out of a long relationship with my ex and my buddy told me I should give POF a try. Well I created a profile on Tuesday and didn't begin any conversations now I have 6 chicks that seem overly desperate contacting me and I just make small talk with these ladies and there asking me out on dates. So I do a little look at there profiles and 4 of the 6 women are single mothers who write in there profile about feeling hurt and alone so I am thinking these chicks are just looking for male contact or something. The other two girls, one of them is considerably older than me and it just seems kind of weird and the last one has very strong masculine features.

Now instead of dealing with the break up of one girl I have 6 women I barely even know that come with a lot of baggage trying to organize dates with me.

I am just wondering if anyone else uses POF how often do you get people asking you out on there and are these people even emotionally needy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't ever used it and don't get me wrong its not always a bad thing but I do think that there is a reason people are on a dating site and that's something to keep in mind. Something is keeping them from going out into the world and meeting people in person.

Maybe they have baggage, maybe they kids, maybe they have an extremely busy work schedule, maybe they are trolling or attention seeking, maybe they are just looking for hook ups, and maybe they are extremely shy or introverted... etc.

So I think you just have to sift through and find one who is genuine and serious just like dating in person. But don't get catfished.

What Girls Said 5

• POF and online dating is tricky. I went through one failed date before I met my now boyfriend on POF. we barely talked and decided to meet up, didn't even think twice about it. But I know a lot of guys, and obviously girls, who are a bit off, and makes me realize why they are on POF in the first place lol. I was on for almost a month before I met my boyfriend, so it can take time. You just have to be patient and I'm sure you'll meet someone that isn't so desperate because she's looking for exactly what you're looking for.

• well I met a guy off of pof who apppeared to be decent - he was 27 years old and an accountant but he couldn't committ because he's very busy with his work...so I don't know

• he never gave me his last name either and wuldnt tell me his birthday

• I have a boyfriend but opened an account out of curiousity. like yourself I got 8 messages from guys, some with baggage (2 kids), a few creepy ones, a few somewhat cute ones etc.

I have never tried online dating. At the moment, just checking what's out there but all of my past and present relationships have been in person, someone I met at school etc.

I don't find the guys emotionally needy, but I find them to have some situation above or that I'm not attracted to them that much since their personality can't be shown through a computer screen...

• I think ere are some good people online dating

• I was on pof after I broke up with my boyfriend and didn't keep my account very long. I found most guys. just wanted sex and I realize that I just wasn't ready for anything.

• u didn't get over your ex is that why you were nt ready?

• Yes. I wasn't ready to start a relationship with anyone new.

What Guys Said 3

• you made it on Tuesday and already got 6 messages?

wtf are you tom cruise or something o.o?

I have a pof account. I never get messages straight up. I have poeple click that "meet me" thing but never any messages

also it seems like EVERY girl has a kid on there

• I am just a regular dude but I did a search on women withing 10 miles and there's like 27 pages of women. And then I wanted to see how many dudes are on there within 10 miles and there was only 15 pages so it's pretty good odds I think.

• It doesn't take long to get people asking you out. IT depends upon the communication you show.

• Most seem to be single mothers looking for some guy to be a new daddy

• That depends on the area. When I was in kentucky, most of the women on there were single mothers. In chicago area, it's rare for there to be young single mothers, but then again the population is much larger.

• Did you know that 3 out of every 4 relationships now, started with online dating. They met online and have been dating since. 75% of people. That means online dating is really the go to thing