Girls, I need you're help. So lost & confused.

Apologies in advance for writing a long essay...

So a while ago I joined a dating site and started talking to this girl and we hit it off instantly! We were so alike and we couldn't stop talking to each other. Then one day she stopped answering my texts and found out she was seeing another man and it left me heartbroken.

Now a few months later, I found out that she knows one of my best friends and he was talking to me on speaker phone with her in the room (I didn't know she was there at the time). He said she broke up with the other guy because he treated her like garbage and she was interested in seeing me again. But me, being the idiot I am, I denied her acting still bitter over the whole situation and she heard everything I said.

A month after that I started thinking about her, realizing I messed up big time and hoping that we can start off anew. But whoop-dee-doo I find out she's seeing someone else and that puts it on hold.

Fast forward to now, and I've lost energy to pursue a girlfriend. I don't even talk to girls that much and I feel like I've tried so much, that I keep on getting denied in the early stages of a conversation that it's not even worth it. And all of a sudden, I see she made a new account on that dating website we met on and she views my profile leaving me to believe it didn't work out with that other guy. Now, she's back in my head and I wanna work this out. But I'm so out of it, I don't know if I have the energy to pursue anymore.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey bro I know you're looking for a girl's opinion, but I figured I might as well put my two cents in:

Normally in a case like this I would just say move on. But I can see that you're torn up inside and that's because there was no closure for you especially since you made a big mistake, which you feel guilty about. This girl is, at the very least, curious about you and still remembers you; otherwise, she wouldn't have made effort to try to check up on you. So with that said, now's an opportunity to do what you've wanted to do all along: confront her and tell her you'd like to start things over. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, well, at least you tried, but now you have peace of mind to move on.

What Girls Said 1

• If she is viewing your profile knowing that you can see it then just shoot her a message like "Hey, you're back online! How's it going?" or something like that. let her know you've noticed she's checking in on your profile and that you noticed it. Something simple like that. Just act like yourself... or honestly, put her in the friend zone, it'll make her want you more and probably make you more confident.

What Guys Said 1

• You're quite insecure about yourself. You should try to pursue her again. Nothing will happen unless you act.