Is it common for a guy to initiate most of the calls or texting?

Especially in the beginning of dating?

is it because the girl want to know if the guy interested?

is it normal?

a girl I am dating..i initiate most of the talking and text yet when she wants to go out..she initiates

Most Helpful Girl

• It's common because it's always been that way (for societal reasons), but it's not as prevalent now. While guys generally do make the first moves, it's fine to expect the girl to pull her weight, too.

I've dated guys that did most of the initiating, but I've also dated guys that I introduced myself to and asked out and did most of the initiating.

What Girls Said 10

• It seems I am the only one that ever initiates texting. :/

• Yes it is that we like assurance that he calls or texts at first, this way we know he is thinking of us and making some effort to spend time. So it is good you are doing that.

• yeah b.c otherwise we will get classified as desperate, clingy, and stuff like that.

I always like to know the guy is interested

• its mostly the guys that initiate texts or calls with me girls do it a lot too but mostly guys and wheather we are dating or not guys are the ones who do it most commonly and yes its normal

• sure, sounds pretty normal to me

• I like a man that plays hard to get!

• yes both ways

• Yes.

Usually the guy picks out someone he's fairly sexually attracted to, whereas the girl has to wait for the guy to grow on her to become sexually attractive.

• Yes it's completely normal , many times the girl doesn't want to come off too strong.

• I mean my boyfriend at first would initiate it at first because I hardly knew him. But after we starting talking and hanging out here and there I would text him first. He later told me he liked that I did that. I mean I was the one who initiated our first one on one date.

What Guys Said 6

• It absolutely is normal for the girl to expect the guy to initiate contact most of the time...even in this feminized world where women take the reigns SOMETIMES, it's mainly about women being able to have the OPTION to initiate without social ridicule like the old days.

Socialization can't eliminate human nature urges entirely!

• Yea it's normal. Regularly the girls wants the guy to initiate to show he is thinking of her. It makes girls feel special if you text them first or calm then first. Goodnight and goodmorning texts are always good too. They just really wanna know they're on your mind cause you're generally always on there's

• Yeah I would say so

• I initiate when setting up dates...otherwise, meh, why text?

• Sadly, yes. I hate it

• It shouldn't be. It should be about even.