Girls and texting.........?

Do you ignore a guy if he takes a really long time to text back. What is your perspective if the guy you like takes a very long time to text back? I'm positive this girl likes me, but since I know I get kind of lazy with talking to her and expect her to make conversation, but that I feel like that makes her quit on the conversations Because she thinks I don't like her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah when a girl feels like her feelings aren't reciprocated oftentimes she'll cut her loses and give up. I mean why would anyone waste their time trying to get to know someone who has no interest in them. I'm not saying you don't have any interest in her but this is probably how she feels if you've been lazy with communicating with her. My advice, if you don't want her to walk away then show her some attention, its not that hard to text someone back within a reasonable time if you are available, and since you realize that being a lazy communicator is potentially causing problems for you, now is a great time to work on it. I promise, the gain will be well worth the temporary strife your fingers go through while you're sending a text ;) Good Luck!

• yeah she's ignored me the past couple of days. I figure I'll ask her out later this week and see where it goes.

What Girls Said 4

• The only time I do that to someone is:

1: they're doing it to me. I don't want to come off clingy so I take just as long to reply. Stupid game but yeah sometimes you gotta give them a taste of their own medicine.

or

2. I'm really distracted. If I'm allowing myself to be that distracted, I'm not that interested. I think the distraction naturally comes when I'm truly not interesting (like I'm not trying to be distracted, it just happens).

Some people just aren't that good or confident with text conversations. If you really want to talk to someone, call them once in a while. I am so flattered when a guy just picks up the phone to call me. Communicating with an interested predominantly by text gives off the wrong impression (like you're hiding, only want one thing, etc).

• When guys take too long to text back I assume they aren't really that into me, even if they say things to make me feel otherwise.

If you really like this girl you should make more of an effort to talk to her and convey how you feel, otherwise she'll get real bored real fast.

• If you take a long time to text back, it shows that you're not interested. Even if you're really busy, she wouldn't agree, because you should make her your priority one way or the other. The more you are expressive, the more shed want to talk to you. Personally, I hate when I have to start conversation. It should be the guy. If you want something to happen, take action, because yes she may feel affection for you, but she won't show it completely until you start to take charge.

• If a guy takes a really long time to text me back, I assume he's not interested so I back off. It makes perfect sense that this girl is doing the same thing.

What Guys Said 0