Would you date a nice guy?

I can that saying your too nice of a guy ,I mean yes I'm nice but is that a bad thing though I treat the girls I've talked to with the upmost respect but yet I'm always the one who is single why is that ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am already dating a good guy and he never claims that he is "good" or "nice".

"I treat the girls I've talked to with the upmost respect but yet I'm always the one who is single why is that ?"

First off, genuinely nice people, never say they're nice. You probably treat them with respect because you want to earn something from them. Most girls can see right through it. Start treating girls in the same way you treat men. We are not from another galaxy.

• let me ask you something? you ever went through life treating people how you want to be treated give them that respect but yet every time you do that you asked yourself what went wrong? that I how feel yes I say I treat girls with the upmost respect because that's how I want to be treated,I say that I'm a nice guy because that's what I've been told ,

• "you ever went through life treating people how you want to be treated give them that respect but yet every time you do that you asked yourself what went wrong"

Yes, of course. I think everyone has experienced it at some point.

My point is... don't be a "nice" guy to make women like you. Be a good person to everyone, not only females.Also, being nice is only one quality. There are plenty of others which characterize a person. Work on your other qualities too.

What Girls Said 22

• Being a nice and respectful guy is great, but it's not usually enough to make you stand out. If a girl rejects you, I guarantee it's not because you're nice. Who doesn't love nice people? You have to look at your other qualities and see what you have to offer a girl.

Don't say, "I'll give her everything and treat her like a queen." No girls don't want that. Girls want a boyfriend, a partner, a guy to have fun with; not an admirer who follows her around like a puppy and puts her on a pedestal and gives her everything she asks for. Treat her like a person. A person you like a lot and think is great, but still just a person.

• oh wow I never thought of it like that I mean I would treat her like a queen to show her that's how she should be treated not some regular girl who you jus past by I mean I would put her above the rest

• that's the problem way too much respect to the point you don't see her as an equal or can also be that you creep them out in my opinion if a guy was respectful in every aspect that would freak me out I would think he is : putting an act so I feel comfortable with him and then one day he will rape me 2- he only want to screw me and is working really hard for it

too much respect can be annoying to the point where it becomes unlikeable I'm not saying insult the girl or be a pervert just don't be old fashion women are not like back in the days not all

• good stuff

• i don't think 'respect' is the word you are looking fir. if he genuinely respected you he wouldn't be thinking of raping you. he wouldn't be putting on an act-bc that is disrespectful. you can it respect too much. you can bullsh*t which is bad whether its a little or alot.

you don't even know what he meant by respect. so how can you tell him its too much.

• the word I was referring to is respect ; perhaps it has not happen to you it might never will hopefully it doesn't . believe it or not some guys shower women with respect for years until they it in bed with them after that they stop the act. Respect is respect and if he meant respect in a specific manner he would of told me. there for I most likely meant respect in general. I didn't state anything I gave him my opinion

• Nice guys are great, but like the girl said, other qualities count as well. Sense of humor is always a major thing I look for in a guy because I would like to able to have fun and be able to joke around with my guy, but I would also look for maturity because I wouldn't want him to think EVERYTHING is a joke. Another thing I look for is someone who is able to hold a good conversation... I mean who wants to be with someone who can barely hold a conversation and isn't very exciting to talk too? And yes, someone who is nice is something I also look for... I definitely wouldn't want to be with a jerk! :) Like everyone has said, the right one hasn't come along yet but she will, and when she does she will love all of your qualities, including your niceness. :)

• I'm dating a nice guy. I'm his first girlfriend. The right one will come along. I was even his friend first lol

• If he also could do some flirtatious teasing and tell edgy jokes. Sounds like you don't do that since you're too afraid you'll offend her. Being too PC gets really boring really quickly. So no, I would not date the nice guy you described. That doesn't mean I like bad boys either. Let's not jump to extremes. A guy who blatantly insults me is not attractive either.

• All girls love nice guys. BUT, a lot of girls want a guy who is funny, that is less emotional than they are, more stable, more dominant, and just more robust in general. A really soft guy is basically a girl, and girls need someone who'll be strong too. But if you're a nice and sensitive guy, that's actually a really good thing. You will meet a girl one day who loves who you are! Trust me

• I'm dating the nice guy. So yes it does happen. You've probably been going for the stuck up bitchy girls who are full of themselves and stupid.

• I don't know, maybe find a girl you like and you know that isn't taken and talk with and get to know her, that's the only thing I can say because that's what I've done and it seems to have worked out for me...

• All girls want to date nice guys. Not many want to date nice guys they aren't attracted to.

• Stay that way. The world is trying to make you heartless, but your not. It is still girls and guys who like and need a "Nice Guy". But we get fakes, they stay nice until they see your weakness, or your "niceness" becomes a weakness to them, then they start showing the real them! Really all this has to do with the hurt inside from something you know nothing about. Or should be blamed for! Just go a little slower and you will get the right person!

• I only date nice guys. I like it when people are nice to me. Weird, right?

• You aren't single because of that maybe you bore girls.

• I'd date him so hard.

• Being too respectful could be perceived as being distant or it could make the situation awkward. Girls like it if you playfully tease them, because it shows that your comfortable around them

• The right one hasn't arrive yet. I would date nice guys.

• They might be waiting for you to ask them out

• nice is just a quality. ONE quality about a person. just like having a great sense of humour is, etc etc. it does not mean you are relationship material just because you are nice. so I don't know why you are in disbelief over the fact that you are single simply because you are nice. yes girls want nice guys but being nice isn't enough. as I said its just one quality. no one is going to be with someone who is nice if they have so many other terrible qualities. its just like girls aren't actually attracted to bad boys or jerks its that these boys often have a lot of other qualities that are attractive. such as confidence, they know how to talk to women, often attractive, etc etc. these qualities are a turn on. often nice guys per say possess certain other qualities as well that are a turn off. such as lack of confidence, boring, etc etc now that is a generalisation but the the point is you need to show a woman that you are more than simply "nice" if you don't want to be single. and stop playing the "nice card" basically every guy does it and its frustrating. if you are nice it should be obvious you shouldn't need to state it.

• yes I always date nice guys.

• No I wouldn't

• Women want more than "being nice"

• Maybe that's why the girls who go for the "bad boys" because they're "exciting" end up with jerks. Then they complain afterward about them...go figure.

• I will...what you sow, so shall you reap.

• Cool story bro

• No you're generic just like everyone else. And there's too many competition, therefore, girls are going to be more picky because they can get someone better than you.

• You're not single because you're a nice guy, there must be something else. Women like nice people just like everyone else.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm a nice guy. I will not stop being nice.

I will however temporarily set it aside for some actual game. I hate having to "have" game, but I know how to use it. That's how I've gotten the number of women I've dated. Some women take niceness as creepiness or UN-manliness. I don't like having to get so low just to get someone's attention but women don't care for nice guys right off the bat. They want bad boys, danger, and stereotypes. So that's what I project for the first encounter.

Too many times have I just been myself and I've been used, led on, and friend zoned, and wasted my time just for being myself. So I've adopted douche baggery and confidence I don't actually have and for some reason it works, go figure. I hate it I hate it I hate it... -but once I've got her hooked, then I can be myself.

Me... being reduced to... normality. pheh...

• There's a TON of "nice guy" topics around here.

Thing is with the "nice guy" stuff is that some guys place too much value on a girl to the point where it can be a turn off. I'm not even talking about "extremes" or anything.

• Because being nice is not enough. You also have to be attractive. Much better if you're attractive first and then nice. In fact, just being attractive without being nice is enough to get girls.

• Girls want to date manly men that are nice...do you fit this mold?

• You don't have to stop being nice.

You just have to be aware that being nice in and of itself is not enough attract a woman. You have to have other qualities too.

• Being nice or not nice has very little bearing on whether you can get dates. The most important factors are how you look and how often you meet/hit on new women. Chances are you are either ugly, very out of shape or you don't meet enough women.

• being nice is not enough unfortuneately

• If you don't ask out girls you'll always be single

• I used to be a nice guy first when I started dating. For several years I would be gentleman, woman would appreciate that, but after a while they started taking things for granted. I saw so many of my friends who were nice guys ended up being dumped after using them.

Over years of time I realize, most women say they like nice guys but in their mind they like a**holes and someone who controls them in a right way and not just sweet all the them. It gets boring being sweet after a while. No matter what women say, they always love some kinda drama in relationship.

Now I came to the point where I am a a**hole, give them sh*t all the time in relationship and women seem to love it. I f*** them and leave and now they seem to like me more, keep calling and emailing me where you at. When I am a nice guy and give my best, I guess they do not care and take things for granted. So decide what you want in life. Wish you goodluck.

• Nice is ONLY cool if you're:

1) Rich

2) Model status good looking

3) Have high status

Nice is NOT cool if you're just normal. Mind you, I said "cool."

Nice is just something we all have to be. However, when men have the above qualities, sh*t.. They don't have to be nice! Therefore, it's actually impressive/appreciated.

I think it's lame, but it's just how it is.

Think of a girls vag as a "product." You think stores give products for free? F***no.

Girls want something in exchange. Be nice to a clerk but you still ain't getting nothing free.

• Don't feel so bad...I'm the same way as you.

• You are probably boring. What do you offer outside of your niceness?