Guys!? why don't you text or call back ?and why hours later?

honestly what are some legitimate reasons why you don't return messages or calls... what are some reasons that you specfically don't quickly return a call... i.e. some guys do it cause they want to seem busy but eventually will get back to you.

FYI ladies hate this and end up hating you...\

anyway I'm not bitter I'm just curious ya'll

so lets here some reasons why you never answered!

• Do you prefer to text?
  • Do you prefer to call?

Most Helpful Girl

• When a guy replies 5 hours later, I won't text him for 4 days.

No one beats me at my own game.

What Guys Said 9

• Um I don't do this. Unless.

Im busy at work.

OR

Your not my girlfriend to begin with. So I don't need to reply to you. aka I'm not obligated to.

If she's my girlfriend, I always reply, but if I'm busy at work or in a meeting or something then I don't. But if I'm free at work, and I'm sitting at my desk working on things and a text comes in, ill reply.

It just depends on the scenario.

Now If you have someone that you are in a relationship with, and its after work already, and they haven't replied to you or msged you to ask you what's going on tonight, aka are we spending time together. Then I would say they don't really wanna be with you. Just my perspective on things.

• If you are my Girlfriend then the reason would be that I am busy or that I take your message like '' For your info '' type than '' Get back to me '' type..

If you are not my girlfriend then I wouldn't want to appear super available .( specially if the girl isn't so quick in responding to my messages herself) . although I don't wait days or so .. I just take my time with no haste . I don't care of anybody hates me ...

I generally prefer to call than text ..

in any case.. women don't understand that men are not ''chatty'' by nature... but of course I do initiate a text or a cal even for the simple reason to tell her how I appreciates her in my life.

My advise to you is to talk to the guy .. tell him what you expect or want from him and ask him why isn't he responding fast enough.. and work out a common solution that goes well with both of you .

• there working, there sleeping, they diddnt hear the phone go off cause they were talking to someone else when it went off etc. they heard it go off but then got distracted by something in the room and then forgot, they were in a situation where they arnt able to answer like in the doctors office or with grandparents where they could frown on getting your phone out mid conversation.

FYI guys hate it when you expect them to be at your beck and call 24/7 and we arnt a fan of constant talking anyway regardless of who it is so perhaps you need to chill out and accept that he is replying in the first place instead of getting all demanding on his ass

• Either I'm busy, or I don't have anything good to respond. For example, let's say you send me a text that says "What's new?" Now when I get this text I'm quite literally doing nothing of interest, however in about 20 min my friends and I are going to a water park. If I reply to you after that, there is a whole lot more to talk about.

• busy

cant' text or call at work or school

forgot our phones

don't want to be tethered to technology 24x7

battery died

phone broke

family issues

chores

working out

• I prefer texting because it allows me to mult-task...talking takes up so much of my attention.

• Either because I'm busy or I forget about it plain and simple. Not doing it to be an a**hole though.

• I'm busy and my mind is consumed on current tasks. Therefore I forget.

• Y'all never called me in the first place.

What Girls Said 1

• They could be busy or not that into you