Why would he contact me after so long?

I January, I went on 2 dates with a guy, but then he told me that "something just didn't feel right" between us. I was the first girl he'd really kissed since he broke up with his previous girlfriend (whom he'd been with for several years), and I think he just wasn't ready to date again... But I'm not really sure.

Anyway... Yesterday, out of nowhere, he texted me and asked me how I was doing. Why would he bother texting a girl that he only went on 2 dates with 7 months ago? I haven't spoken to him since he told me he didn't want to see me anymore. What gives? Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• He is bored and horney

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe 7 months of no dating. You could be the most recent close contact in his past. Suddenly whatever he had a problem with seems small compared to not getting close to anyone for 7 months. Of course, I have have no way of knowing if this is true. It happens a lot.

• Hindsight is 20/20. He's had time to move on, time to think, and just maybe he was thinking about the mistakes he's made. or more likely somethings happened in his life. Sometimes just having company with people who aren't all up in the dramas of your live can be very carthartic.

• I doubt he'd contact me to vent about life... He doesn't know me well enough for that. He even mentioned his name in the text he sent me, 'cause he'd obviously assumed that I'd deleted his number.

What Girls Said 1

• He's fishing and has no other options available right now. If something "didn't feel right" then I guarantee he has not been pining over you.

• Haha no, he definitely hasn't been pining over me. Things obviously didn't work out for a reason, so I don't see why he'd think of me as an "option" at all. I don't think he's trying to start anything; I just don't know why he'd bother.

• Haha. You might be right! Thanks for the input :)

• You're welcome!