Do you believe in meeting people online?

Have you heard of anyone marrying a person after getting to know them online? Are you a hopeless romantic and would go for someone who you met on the net? How do you feel about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm probably the only deaf member so far on Girlsaskguys and I'm really happy about the internet revolution and the advancements in technology. It makes it possible for me to believe I have a chance of finding someone and not being secluded to just people who are deaf like me. That doesn't mean I don't want to date deaf people like myself, but it's nice to know that technology helps to broaden my ability to date.

What Guys Said 6

• I did! 13 years ago (or is it 14 now?) Left my family and friends, changed continent and had to learn German for her. Also got married. She wants to split up now, but I don't think this is related to how we met. I would still do it again any day.

What you have to watch out for is: Are you being yourself online, or are you projecting a false personality? There is only any point if you are both "real", but it's hard to tell if the other is.

• My brother met his current Girlfriend of 6 years trough some dutch networking site.

I however, disprove of it and am convinced you'll only find the lower quality people on there (like 6.5 and lower) because all the good ones have no problem finding people to date.

I never saw a hot girl or a cool guy on one of these sites lol.

• Though rare and really uncommon. Marrying someone met online could possibly be done, Eharmony airs commercials that tell of people getting married after meeting online. I myself have met a few people online , and even dated. Be cautious of this,people do tend to change and become another person after time goes by. Some people do not change,but my personal experience has proved otherwise.

I think online relationships are 50/50. You get what you put in a relationship,but only if that other person is willing to do the same.

• Yes I have heard of people using sites like e-harmony.

I don't know that's a tough question I would need to be able to know I could really trust the person which is difficult over the internet.

• I'd prefer meeting a gal face to face versus online, but who knows------many of these sites claim successes with people that have met actually marrying. It's not entirely impossible.

• I think it can happen, but it's hard. Although I've heard 1 in 5 relationships begin online.

What Girls Said 4

• I know a lot of couples that have met online and a few people that have actually got married from it, but from my experiences the married couples tend to be older people. I'm not sure why this is in my case, perhaps the chance of younger people preferring to date or experiment and older people looking increasingly more into the idea of being married and into commitment.

I myself have met my fiancé online through an MMORPG. We're happy together and are planning to get married once we are content with the engagement stage. Previously to that I've met other guys that I had online contact with, but it didn't go very well. It's all about being aware of who you are meeting and being lucky on that chance of meeting a compatible person for a relationship, if you do end up feeling that way.

Meeting people online is pretty much the same as meeting someone in real life, except that over the internet information visually and physically (Actions, behaviour and expressions) are limited to technological devices and trust, belief based on words.

You don't necessarily have to be a hopeless romantic to want to meet someone online, even if you are just meeting up with someone as friends to start with, if all goes well the meeting and contact begins to form a relationship.

There are a few downfalls to online relationships in general, the biggest one believed to be distance, it is very difficult to maintain a relationship if you are so far away from the person you love. In the space of a few months I moved country to be with my fiancé in order to give the relationship a real chance of working, to see how it all proceeds from here.

I feel that these types of relationships and meeting up with people online is a very risky action, that needs to be taken into deep consideration, thought and emotional decision. To many in these days of technology and the world wide web, it is an exciting and experimental experience. I do believe that people can fall in love with who they meet as much as not work out well. People are people, everywhere you go, whether they are online or in real life. The method of meeting them is different through the internet, but in reality it is all about intentions, behaviour and thought.

• i personally can't see that happening to myself.. it seems too awkward.. but I know at least 3 people maybe more that it has worked for, and they are very happy now.

• I'd rather date someone I've met face to face before. At first though, I was a little skeptical about meeting people online because of the crazy stories I hear. But I'm slowly starting to warm up towards it, I think it works for some people. I wouldn't mind meeting someone online as long as when I meet them in person I'm in a public area.

• Well, I met my boyfriend on Myspace of all places back in March/April of 07. We dated for a few months after meeting in June. We ended up getting back together and have been together again for eight months. Things are getting rocky, but all relationships have their moments. I do believe, though, he's the one for me and if we break up again, a little time and we'll get back together.