Will I get a second date?

So tonight I went out with this girl, I had an awesome time and think she is pretty phenomenal from the first impressions.

I think it went well, she laughed and smile a lot and seemed like she was having fun. The night ended with about a 20 minute conversation as we stood by her car before she left and a prolonged hug (not a quick meaningless type one)

I texted her about 20 minutes later saying I hope she got home safe and that I had a lot of fun.

Her response..."Thanks! got home and in my pjs now, and yea! I had a lot of fun too. Thank you for everything! You're really funny and nice. I hope you have a good day at work tomorrow. Goodnight!"

Maybe thinking too much. but anytime a girl has called told me I was "nice" it pretty much means I just got sent straight to the friend zone...is that the case here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol why can't a guy being called "nice"be taken as a compliment? You guys always take it out of context like its something demeaning to be as if it's a bad thing. If anything, it sounds to me that she's really interested. You should definitely get back in touch with her for future plans (: Good luck with everything!

What Girls Said 3

• Not all girls use "nice" in the same context. Nice doesn't mean "you're a good friend" or "I'd never date you". Just text her today and ask her if she fancies going out again and see what she says.

• no, she probably likes you and wants you to chase her :P

• nice is a good thing... she didn't call you a jerk or anything.

What Guys Said 4

• There are no real rules to dating, with that being said you can't force someone to like you. Who cares if she said you we were nice, would you rather her say she had a horrible time because you were a d***?

She is more than likely expecting you to call her in a week or so, and you will say something along the lines of oh man I have been so busy, with everything sorry I didn't call you earlier. Why not break the rules, instead of waiting a week call her in a day or so, CALL HER, not text. Play it off as a joke, say something like I would have called you in a week, but I didn't want to wait that long to talk to you again, why follow stupid made up dating rules, that most of the time never work? Ask her on another date, if she doesn't answer leave a brief message, not an hour message, and wait for her to either call or text you back, if she doesn't call you back within a week, call one last time, and if after that let her go.

I never followed the rules, and I have been on many dates, and I'm about to get married so it works.

• If you want to stay our of the friends zone or get out, you need to flirt with her. Friends don't flirt so this way she'll see you as a potential boyfriend instead of as a friend. Send her playful texts and all that and then give it like a week or so before you ask her on another day. Remember, friends don't have a sexual attraction to one another so add the flirt to create that tension.

• To only way you'll know its if you ask her on another date.

My advice its to stay yourself. Get a bit more physical don't mean to force yourself but simply a hand on a shoulder or try to hold her hand. Hopes it works out.

• I don't see how she wouldn't be interested