How do you feel about dating someone older?

Would you feel comfortable dating a person who is 5, 10, 15, or 20 years older or does age not matter? Only reason I'm wondering is because I'm talking to a guy who's around 15 years older than me. It's my first time dating someone so much older.

• I'm only comfortable dating someone my age and/or less than 5 years older.
  • I'm comfortable dating someone more than 5 years older but no more than 10.
  • I'm comfortable dating someone more than 10 years older but no more than 15.
  • I'm comfortable dating someone more than 15 years older but no more than 20.
  • I'm comfortable dating someone more than 20 years older and/or I don't care about age when dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Age doesn't matter to me, as long as we're both legal adults, haha!

I've dated younger men before, I've dated men my age, and I've dated older men. I like the way older men look, I think men look their best 40-50 :-)

Having said that - you being under 18 (probably 16 or 17) and dating someone 31 or 32... that's a bit much for me. I'd be cautious and weary of his intentions, if I were you. Most of the men I've known wouldn't even consider dating someone that wasn't at least 21. They want women, not teens. The fact that a man in his 30s wants a teen gives me pause.

Best of luck!

• *wary of his intentions

What Guys Said 3

• The reasonable age spread increases with age. The younger you are the smaller the age gap should be. Any guy in his 30's who is eying you at your age is up to no good.

• As I get older (28 now) I find myself looking at women in the early to mid 30's.

• I could date someone 6 years older, max.

BTW if you're a minor and he's in his 30's...that's very wrong. He's experienced in life and you are not emotionally developed yet. He knows very much what's going on and you don't (and he knows this)...this screams problems.

What Girls Said 6

• my rule is: if he's old enough to be my dad, it's disgusting for me. That being said, my limit is 10 years older.

• If I was your age I wouldn't even consider it at all. And neither should he! It is not the age GAP it's the fact that YOU are still so young. You may not think it now but when you get older you will. It's a huge no no. You can thumb me down I am just telling the truth!

• if you are below 18, this is extremely creepy... 15 years is a HUGE difference...

• it legal here lol

• Love has no age.. :) But I get your point, it is a little creepy. But he's the first older guy I've dated, and I'm his first younger girl. So we're just experimenting I guess, lol..

• whatever floats your boat XD but just be aware that SOME not all guys that are a lot older, are just interrested in you because you are young and "fresh".. good luck though.. my general rule is that if he can be my dad it is a no go...

• If they are old enough to be my parent that is my red flag!5-10 years is my max.He is way too old for you if you aren't even 18!

• well what is he like as a person?

Age diff is only a problem if your personality and life experiences do not match or if you're having fights/ arguments regularly

• My limit is 5yrs for now otherwise he's probably looking for a family and I'm not ready yet