How do I get my ex to leave me alone?

The guy of my dreams turned out to be a lying, cheating, thieving scum bag and I had to break up with him because it was the best thing for the both of us (although it was the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time). He denied everything and said that my reasoning for leaving was f***ed up, and that I was just a jealous bitch girlfriend. I did break up with him as nicely as I could, and I told him we could still be friends, but now he won't stop messaging me and texting me guilt messages. He woke me up at 5 this morning saying "thanks for breaking up with me and shattering my heart", and then an hour later "thanks for leaving when you said you never would", and then since then I've gotten more texts saying "i loved you, but I guess you didn't" and "We were perfect, but you broke up with me... w.e". He won't stop sending me these guilt filled messages and texts and it's making me feel like crap. I'm already still upset from having to break up with him, and it's making me second guess that decision (even though I know it was the best thing to do). I asked him to stop texting me, and that I know he must be upset, but he won't. The ironic thing is, I gave him the money that bought the minutes for the phone that he's texting me on. . . Who knew that would back fire on me?

So what do I do? He won't quit sending me guilty messages, and it really really sucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• block his phone number.

• Already got that advice, thanks anyways.

• well that is pyhsical harassment. if you ask him to you leave you alone and he doesn't it is harassment...I wouldn't want to deal with police though and would just block his number. I'd even tell him you were going to do it (e.g. "look you are really out of line wwth your texts, I wanted to keep in touch with you because I care deepy for you but I don't deserve abuse. Since you can't seem to act mature during this, I'm going to block your number. Please do not contact me in any form")

• Okay, thank you. I think I'll use those words exactly, or something along the line.

What Guys Said 3

• Blocking his number is a start. Ignoring him is another option. Thing is, he may be the type to harass you in person if you ignore his texts. At that point a restraining order is necessary.

Just be strong and don't let him make you second guess the decision. The way he is handling it is proof that he wasn't relationship material anyway

• Block his #.

• my phone won't give me the option. I don't know how.

• Call your cell provider - they can help you do it. I don't think it's a phone setting. I have verizon and I block #'s on the verizon website, not my phone.

• Oh okay. Thanks, you've been a great help

• call the police.

What Girls Said 6

• Report him for harassment or block his number.And if you don't want to do either one you could ignore his calls/texts until he gets the message and quits calling/texting fully.

• tell him to go to hell - he is a manipulator and he is trying to regain control over you. if he does not stop tell him you will call the police to make a complaint - this is harrassment

• Report him for harassment or block his number.

• Ignore him as much as you can.

• can;t you block his number?

• It's too long, I can not :(