Guys, don't you feel we need to give the ladies a break?

Ok, guys, I know that some women do really nasty stuff, but I do feel that we need to tolerate them and give them some margin. The main reason for this is women undergo a lot of physical stress and pain.

The first thing is of course their periods. I was really close with her emotionally during the 3 years we dated, and I had a first hand experience of how much women suffer during their periods. She used to describe her periods like this "its misreable. your grumpy, all you want to do is sleep and it feels like your are constantly being stabbed in the stomach". And when women have mood swings due to their periods, people just give her a hard time. I certainly feel that periods are an 'unfair' suffering for women.

The second thing is childbirth. Women feel so many undesired emotions during pregnancy, and don't even get me started on labor pain. And again, I was able to get a first hand experience of a woman's suffering during labor pain. My dad was abroad when mom was pregnant with my younger brother, so I was beside her during her entire process of labor and childbirth. The pain she experienced cannot be described in mere words.

I may have experienced these things with only two women (my ex and my mom), but its a fact that every woman in the world goes through these things. So I certainly feel that we men shouldn't be too hard on women, and also give them a certain degree of lenience even if its their fault. As for me, I'm single right now, but if I ever date/marry a woman, I'd try my level best to help her ease her pain. Like I'd ask her to stay on birth control to avoid periods (I don't know much about it, like any side effects it might have, so its just an idea). And if we're ever going to have kids together, I'd suggest her to go for a surrogate mother or test tube baby, because I certainly wouldn't want her to experience the intense labor pain.

So, what do you guys feel about this? And of course, girls too are most welcome to throw in their opinions, because they're the ones who actually go through all this agony.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is very different.. mostly it is immature guys/men that don't understand.. some women do complain a lot during their periods (I have been through horrible pain through it too, on pain meds in a dark room for a while... birth control helped this) and I think a lot of women use it as an excuse, so they can act however they want, probably why it is hard to respect for some people..

But I think a little understanding would help, if you actually sit down and read about these things I think you will get it, at least a little bit, but it shouldn't be a "free-pass" for us to act however we want:)

Most Helpful Guy

• As a man, it's kinda difficult to have much sympathy for women considering how much attention and money is devoted to them and how comparatively LITTLE is devoted to men's rights and issues.

Men are 93% of industrial deaths and accident

Men are 80% of suicides

Men are 76% of homicide victims

Men are the overwhelming majority of rape victims (think prison)

Men are more than 99.99% of American combat deaths / casualties

A woman is the party filing for divorce in about 66% of divorce cases

Women receive custody in about 84% of child custody cases

I could go on and on. Sorry but as a man these days it's kinda hard to muster up that sympathy for women when none is ever shown for men.

What Girls Said 5

• it's very nice of you to care. you sound like a good boyfriend. I have serious moodswings that start exactly a week before my period and I think I might have pmdd which is like pms. I get so emotional I try to stay at home and meditate as much as possible. I don't recommend because because it's a chemical that causes the body to act unnaturally. it's been proven to be really bad for the heart like a lot of other meds. they take a toll on your body and weaken not only your system but also your genetics. I heard this from my mom who recently went back to school and got a nursing certification.

• periods and birth are not the worst nor most important things in everyones life.,

its enough that you're not prejudiced against women, no one needs a break. just a lack of bullsh*t is sufficient.

plenty of gud feel grumpy and antisocial and don't want to get out of bed, several times a week.

• Even though labour pains is like hell manifested on earth, I would definitely never want a surrogate most or a test tube baby. Women have been bearing children since... Mankind ! And we've survived (not all but nowadays it's uncommon to die). So your wife will be fine. But creating your own child and bearing it is very important I believe of it is possible.

• I don't think anyone who behaves despicably should be "given a break", man or woman.

Hating an entire gender for what some of the gender do, yes... everyone should cut that out, haha!

But otherwise, not everyone "deserves a break".

• yes please give us a break... I wish there could be more stay at home moms.

What Guys Said 2

• They don't give us a break so no

• i give no greater amount of mercy based on sex not only is that sexist by nature but silly and defeats the true purpose mercy and understanding