Which of these dating sites do you think is best? Which have you had the best results with?

I realize that a couple of these cost some money and a couple are free, but I'm trying to see if the paid ones have any better results, or if there are any other major differences.

Please share your stories. :)

• OkCupid
  • Plenty of Fish
  • Match
  • E-Harmony
  • Another site (please specify)/I don't use dating sites/See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I use OKC and checkhimout.com because I was curious. PoF has a lot more users, but I haven't felt the need to try it...yet.

OKC: I've sent 30 intro messages to different women, got replies from eight of them, and have been on two dates.

+I like the blog that they used to update because it talked about user/matching statistics and made suggestions based on their findings

+I also like that using the questionnaire so that I can see who would flat out not get along with me and who might be awesome with me

+There is a feature that allows you to compare photos to see which one is your 'best face'; you choose the best of other users pics and then you get a result back that says how often you were selected -this is a great tool for finding out how physically attractive/ugly you are to the opposite sex, but background environment and physical activity has a huge effect on photo attractiveness too

-I found out that there is also another feature that affects search results based on profile ratings: if you are found to have high ratings you will turn up in search results more often for other people who have high ratings. This is bad if you started out with a bad profile but then transformed it into a good profile as you will suffer from the weight of older ratings weighing you down

Checkhimout: I received a couple intro messages from women (something that never happens on OKC), but only two of them ended up being legit in the end. I haven't had any local conversations from here yet!(?)

+There is a public as well as a private photo album (which is only unlockable if the user gives permission). I am not sure, but I think the private album is so you can show off partial nudity. I just have two shirtless pics myself *cough*

+/-Conversations only occur if women message men first

+/-Males are objectified as 'products' and can only 'poke' women they are interested in

+/-The women initiate conversation rule can be bypassed by paying money -this means women may never initiate conversation and will just wait for men to initiate if they are gold diggers

-Profile customization is extremely limited!

-There aren't that many users yet...so the dating pool is kind of limited. I'm keeping it on the side just because I take at least some interest in any lady who is willing to initiate conversation with me -boldness is attractive to me

Some tips:

1. Keep it free at first. You can learn from mistakes and maybe even meet someone. Besides, paying for dating is almost as desperate as paying for sex (and that's definitely desperate).

2. Become Batman, Superman. Make a separate email account for your online dating alias and NEVER reuse any pictures you use for online dating.

3. Don't just be a pretty face. Posting pictures and then making a bare-minimum profile means you will only be judged based on your pictures.

4. Don't be so picky that you repel guys; be friendly

Here's a site comparison list from Wikipedia:

link

What Guys Said 13

• Online dating is generally no-win if you're a guy. My luck has usually been that I'll send out 10 or so messages before I get a response. And if I do, it's usually short, jagged conversations.

It's also odd, because sometimes girls will freak out when you tell them they seem attractive. Sooooo...why did you join a dating site? Shits and giggles? Another place to talk to your girl-friends?

I'm not even talking about sleazy things like "hey babe, I wanna see more of that nice booty", but "I read your profile, and you seem like an awesome girl. Smart, fun, and beautiful to boot!"

But as a girl, I think your best luck would be OKCupid. It's free (As in, totally. You don't need to pay a monthly fee just to freaking say "hi".), and it's cool answering tons of questions whenever you want to tweak your personality profile. The method may not be the most accurate, but at least it's more depth than any other free site.

• Met my wife on POF.

• thats awesome :)

• Yeah, apparently there's a shortage of men my age wo are still vertical and drawing breath. I was astounded by the number of women hitting me up. I literally could have dated a different woman three nights a week for the rest of my life. Sweet! ; - )

• I have an account on POF and OK Cupid. The POF site I have about 10 girls I talk to regularly, unfortinately only 3 within a few miles. I went out on a date with two of them. One was really nice but I get the feeling she actually has a boyfriend already. The second girl I did not care for in person, it's a long story but she acted a lot different in person. As for OK Cupid I get women actually messaging me first, a lot of times they don't message back when I reply to the message they sent me. But I noticed OK Cupid seems to have a lot of college girls with major career goals and high expectations of what a boyfriend should be. With POF I find myself talking to a lot of single mothers, women who have had abusive pasts, or have a medical condition that they are affraid to bring up with a guy in person (not all the women of course but a lot lol).

• only have experience using OkCupid and Plentyoffish, have met some girls off of their in person but never turned into a relationship

• I tried Match what a waste of time. The only way I'll get a Girlfriend is if I'm good looking and or rich. To me dating sites are embarrassing your basically telling people your too ugly and fat to meet girls/women in public. Plus you can remain anonymous and post fake pictures, I know for a fact I've gotten some fake pictures from women on match.

• Well, aren't girls on dating sites also saying they can't meet guys in public? I know I've always had problems with it. I'm just really introverted, so I don't have a lot of places that I go to that are great for meeting people for dating. =/

• No not really if you think about it, girls who join online dating sites, will get more messages from guys then the other way around. I yeah you about not having places to go to meet people it sucks, but what can you do?

• generally, I find that the women on Okcupid are less superficial than the ones on POF

• The only site I've actually met girls in person is datehookup.

POF is a joke.

• None worked, there useless if you don't know what your doing?

• all had 0 replies . I hate being ugly :'(

• i don't like dating sites.. its not that I am an ugly poor guy. its just that's not my style.

• I haven't had any luck on any dating sites.

• In toronto, people I know personally have had the best results on lavalife. Males & Females. Plenty of Fish seems a mess here, though I knew a guy from a small town far away who met someone good on it.

• As a girl, you're going to be flooded with messages. That's the truth. Try th free ones.

• Yes, but I don't always like all the people who send me messages. I'm trying to figure out which site I'll find the best matches.

• Oh, yeah. To get some good messages, you're going to have to spend time making your profile a good one.

What Girls Said 6

• E-harmony. Paid sites are for people serious about finding someone. YOu wouldn't pay for coochie would you? You can find that in a bar! I also think the compatibility system is going to work better. My sister has several free dating sites and she gets lots of whack jobs, old photos, and d*** pics.

• I've never used a dating site personally, but I know a lot of people who have had success on the paid sites, particularly Match.

• OKCupid for me!

• I don't use any dating sites but I heard POF is good.

• I haven't had any luck on POF but then again the last time I used it was like 3 years ago.. I only just logged in recently to look at it, they make you pay for stupid things now like checking to see if they looked at the message or not.

• That is dumb

• don't use dating sites, most if not all those men do not have any respect for those women, they use to message me all the time for sex and they would lie on their profile and say they are looking for a relationship and not a fling.

• I've never used a dating site but I'm young so I could just go out to a party at college to do so