I asked out someone, and he said yes! :) We've been in the same French class for the past month, get along pretty well, and he's been flirty/friendly with me for a while, so I decided to just ask him out. It's going to be this weekend when summer finals are over, and I told him I'd text him the details.
So, these are some of my ideas, just tell me which one you like best, and if something's too much, or if you have a better idea I should consider, etc.
1) Getting some ice cream and walking through our city's public garden. It's really beautiful and peaceful. I jog along those paths sometimes, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.
2) Going to a nearby minor league baseball game. The tickets aren't expensive at all, you can sit close to the action, the food's good, and apparently it's not uncommon to catch a foul ball (which is kinda cool imo). I'd bring a mitt. :)
3) Seeing a band that's going to play at our university's performing arts center. It's a jazz and blues band, but I've never heard them play so I'm not certain what to expect. I know he likes jazz though.
4) Bowling, playing pool, and other games. There's this place on campus where you can bowl, play pool, air hockey, foosball, table tennis (which I rock at lol), arcade games, etc. There's food and drinks, and it's a pretty fun place to hang out. It's also fairly cheap for students.
5) A picnic at a park. I can put together some finger sandwiches, sliced french bread, a few of my favorite cheeses, fruit, and drinks. I might bake some brownies/cookies or something too. And of course, I'd bring a blanket and a basket.
I wanted to do something more original than coffee or dinner and a movie, because I really like him and it's not like we're complete strangers, so yeah, what do you think?
- Ice cream and a walk through the public garden.Vote A
- Going to a minor league baseball game.Vote B
- Seeing a jazz and blues band.Vote C
- Bowling, playing pool, and other games.Vote D
- A picnic at a park.Vote E
I think I'll ask him to meet me at the gardens, we'll do A, and then maybe get to D depending on how things go (it's pretty close-by). I liked the other ideas too, but maybe another time.
Most Helpful Guy
Nice to see a girl being proactive and asking the guy out :) good on you.
As for dates? hmmm... can you do both one and 2? Also, do you know if he likes baseball? If he does than ya, if not? Then no. But basically do something you two can talk with a lot. Hell, combine those if you can. A big ol' first date sounds fun to me. Walking and talking at first, going to bowl/games after, getting food after that. Sounds great. Or sailing, I so love sailing :P3