Which date sounds the best to you (as a first date)?

I asked out someone, and he said yes! :) We've been in the same French class for the past month, get along pretty well, and he's been flirty/friendly with me for a while, so I decided to just ask him out. It's going to be this weekend when summer finals are over, and I told him I'd text him the details.

So, these are some of my ideas, just tell me which one you like best, and if something's too much, or if you have a better idea I should consider, etc.

1) Getting some ice cream and walking through our city's public garden. It's really beautiful and peaceful. I jog along those paths sometimes, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

2) Going to a nearby minor league baseball game. The tickets aren't expensive at all, you can sit close to the action, the food's good, and apparently it's not uncommon to catch a foul ball (which is kinda cool imo). I'd bring a mitt. :)

3) Seeing a band that's going to play at our university's performing arts center. It's a jazz and blues band, but I've never heard them play so I'm not certain what to expect. I know he likes jazz though.

4) Bowling, playing pool, and other games. There's this place on campus where you can bowl, play pool, air hockey, foosball, table tennis (which I rock at lol), arcade games, etc. There's food and drinks, and it's a pretty fun place to hang out. It's also fairly cheap for students.

5) A picnic at a park. I can put together some finger sandwiches, sliced french bread, a few of my favorite cheeses, fruit, and drinks. I might bake some brownies/cookies or something too. And of course, I'd bring a blanket and a basket.

I wanted to do something more original than coffee or dinner and a movie, because I really like him and it's not like we're complete strangers, so yeah, what do you think?

• Ice cream and a walk through the public garden.
  • Going to a minor league baseball game.
  • Seeing a jazz and blues band.
  • Bowling, playing pool, and other games.
  • A picnic at a park.
Thanks for all the feedback and opinions, I appreciate it. :)

I think I'll ask him to meet me at the gardens, we'll do A, and then maybe get to D depending on how things go (it's pretty close-by). I liked the other ideas too, but maybe another time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice to see a girl being proactive and asking the guy out :) good on you.

As for dates? hmmm... can you do both one and 2? Also, do you know if he likes baseball? If he does than ya, if not? Then no. But basically do something you two can talk with a lot. Hell, combine those if you can. A big ol' first date sounds fun to me. Walking and talking at first, going to bowl/games after, getting food after that. Sounds great. Or sailing, I so love sailing :P

• Haha, I wish, but I don't have the cash and I don't know the first thing about sailing lol. It sounds fun though! The combining idea sounds good, and I could sort out the logistics. Thanks for your input. :)

What Guys Said 10

• Here are my ranking of the dates with best at the end (to be fair none of them were bad, so this is more about my preference than criticism).

I'm not really one for seeing a band, I rank it on par with going to the movies. It's not a bad idea, but it's very standard, plus you don't get to really talk with the person as much.

Baseball can work, assuming he likes baseball as well. Speaking as someone who played baseball for years, I find it boring, but if I'm with someone fun, then it can definitely be a good time.

I am generally a fan of bowling, playing pool, and bar room games, the only problem I sometimes find is those places can be loud. Still a good place for dates, just in my opinion not necessarily the first one.

I tend to lean towards dates one and 5, cause I like the casual one where it's quiet and just the two of you. I'll lean slightly more towards date one just because I wouldn't want to be sitting the whole time. I find ice cream and walking through a park gives a slight bit more freedom.

• Our first time hanging out together, I invited her to see & listen to the Hawkins Singers (live, of course) : link

A month later she asked me to be her travel companion (and friend+guide) After that we started dating seriously.

• You always want to do something where you can interact and talk with the other person but without too much focus being solely put on the conversation if possible... really the stereotypical dinner & movie is probably one of the worst options for an actual "first date" and better when you already know somebody a bit

• I like playing pool even though I'm not very good at it I still have lot's of fun.

• D sounds fun XP

• Meet me at the ice cream truck, I'll buy you an ice cream! I'll whip out my drum stick, that will make your eyes gleam! Lick it up quick before it melts on the floor, uno dos tres quatro give me some more!

Yeah, ice cream sounds good.

• Something where you both get to have fun and have conversations to get know each other at the same time sounds like a good pick...

D.

• number 4, its more interactive involves more social contact so you will have a good time and you can trade stories about the game(s).

• I would enjoy a baseball game.

• They all seem great, personally I'd like one or 4 the best.. 5 would also be nice so long as it's somewhere where nobody else is around. Personally I don't like jazz or baseball so I wouldn't like the others. But I will go with A, it's great for a first date and it reminds me of my first ever date, which was the greatest evening of my life :)

What Girls Said 14

• i said D. I love games haha:)

i might not b that great at em all ha ha but if it makes him laugh then that's fine with me:)

• Those are all so much more interesting than the usual dinner-and/or-a-movie thing. Bravo.

I'd do the baseball game. It's lively and outdoors and there's a good balance between self-generated entertainment and entertainment that comes from the surroundings. You don't want your entire date to be focused on either one type of entertainment because if it's all self-generated there will be a lot of awkward moments and if it's all from your surroundings, it's hard to get to know one another.

• a picnic at a park is cute :3

you get a chance to show your feminine side

in my experience a lot of boys react very positively to that because it takes effort.

• I think games are the best date. It's good for some innocent competition, playful teasing and you get to see if he's a sore loser. The last one is very important, because then you get to see how he would react during an argument.

• D sounds fun , but if there's a possibility that there will be awkward silences, B would be a good alternative/solution

• Bowling!

• Vote A. It is more relaxing, you can enjoy good ice cream and admire the nature.

I wouldn't want my first that to be exercise like bowling, not into baseball and picnic

• I"m all for the games

• Ice cream

• 1. It sounds fun to me but it depends on how comfortable you are talking to one another. If you both are nervous there's not really much to release the nervous energy with this one, and that can lead to potentially awkward silences.

2 would be good if he likes watching baseball. I wouldn't do that one unless you know that's something he's into.

3. Could be fun, but nothing that will really let you connect to each other

4. I think this is probably the best idea just because it gives you something to focus on if you get nervous and you can connect with some playful competition.

5. I feel the same about this one as I do number 1

• Baseball game

• Bowling

• i would say 4, because you get to interact more. You can get a couple of laughs, beat him in a couple of games lol he should enjoy the fun activities. one and 5 is a little too romantic to start off.

• Damn, that's pretty awesome of you to actually have put so much thought into this. These are all really cool ideas :D I personally would do the arcade thing. It just seems like something, most likely you both would enjoy! I guess it'll give both of you a chance to whoop some ass as well as have a little bit of flirtatious fun. Plus there's so much you can do, I doubt neither of you would get bored.