What would make a guy lose interest after one date?

i met this guy, my friends saw us together and all said he seemed very into me. I thought he seemed very into me too. we went on one date and it was good and he said he would like to keep talking to me and had a good time.

he texted me twice but then stopped so after a few days I decided to send him a casual text and he just ignored me! why is he so rude? what gives? the date really did go well and all my friends thought we hit it off too, based on watching us together.

the only thing I can think of is that we do have different religious views and he is a very religious person.

but, I think it's rude to ignore me completely. why would he do such a thing? I just don't understand. I have plenty of dating experience and we hit it off. it just feels insulting, I would rather him say he is not interested than just ignore me.

this means he doesn't like me, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do think many religious people tend to be very strict about their partner being religious. Many will either try to "convert" the other person or move on.

But there could be other reasons but you'll never know. Many girls have done the same thing to me. Seemed very interested then immediately cut contact out of nowhere. This ranges from not even meeting to one meet and 2 meets and so on. People can be flakes a lot. I've even had a girl indicate interest in me and plan a meet and not contact me prior to the meet to let me know she's not showing... twice. Yet she expects me to keep staying interested in her.

What Guys Said 7

• A lot of people (guys and girls) can't handle the awkwardness of rejection, so they just stop communicating. It sucks, but people are pretty sucky in general, so it's not unusual.

If that's not the reason, he will get back to you eventually, so don't text him anymore.

• Just move on. Anyone that still believes in an all powerful being that created the universe because he was bored isn't the guy for you. If he still believes in a GOD, that lives forever and created this little earth just for him, he isn't worth your time.

• I had 2 dates with women, who all they wanted to talk about was babies, and having kids.

when I asked em what they wanted in a man, all they cared about was he had to be a good father.

lets just skip romance and go right to submissive sperm doner! NEXT

• Well my date was not like that.

• Haha! You just reminded me of a girl I messaged on match years ago. I had put "probably not" in my having kids portion and got a reply back to my email saying that she wasn't into me because I didn't want kids. First message.

• Well...it is understandable to not want to date someone who doesn't want kids if you want that. that's not unfair.

• Sadly if he does responses to your text he doesn't want another date or see you. But its sad that he doesn't have the respect to tell you, hope it helps

• Wait, your jealous of his sister? Really? Wow, my mom dated this guy years back, he got jealous when her male cousin came to visit. (shakes head) I'll just never understand the stigma

• The religion reason sounds about right.

• could be any number of reasons. if he's ignoring you, let it go...you wouldn't want to be hassled the same way if you were to ignore him right?

What Girls Said 1

• It could be a number of reasons that have nothing to do with religion. It could be you might havr said something,maybe you're too clingy..it could be anything.

Like someone said below-don't contact him because you wouldn't want someone being stalkerish towards you,no?