Does she just think of me as a friend or someone to date in case her relationship doesn't work?

She refers to me as a friend, we go dutch on our "outings" (which ranges from drinks, to dinners, to movies, to fairs, to road trips) yet she has 3-year boyfriend who lives out of state. She talks about him sometimes. They don't seem unhappy. He's a few years older than her, and we're the same age. She'll text me to hang out pretty much every weekend. She's blown me off a couple times when her boyfriend visits, but then I return the favor by blowing her off by pretending I have a date (or actually having one). But she doesn't seem jealous, just says "have fun!" on her texts.

Speaking of which, she texts me every so often, just to say hey. I honestly don't know what to do or what to think of this girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she just sees you as a friend for now..

What Girls Said 2

• She is lonely because her boyfriend lives far away. She loves him, but she just wants a BEST friend she can do anything with.

I would say if there was a hint of jealousy she might have felt something more, but the way it stands...your'e in the friend zone.

Good luck

• Based off of the info you gave, I'd say she just sees you as a friend.

What Guys Said 1

• Not enough info to judge on really, but from this it just seems like she sees you as a good friend.