Bit of a sticky situation...what should I do?

I've kinda/sorta been dating this guy (we haven't had that infamous "talk" yet). The last time I saw him was really positive. There was definitely a connection between us and it was great. When I got back we were texting into the night...only I fell asleep because it was into the wee hours. I sent him a text the next day explaining what happened and then sent another text in response to the text I didn't answer because I had fallen asleep (our convo was getting kinda deep so I didn't want to ignore what he said!) . The day went on and I got no response from him at all. I wasn't concerned because he had this huge thing that night for work that was a really big honor for him. So, since I wasn't concerned and because this was such a big thing for him, I sent him another text wishing him luck and saying I knew he was going to be wonderful. Well, three days have passed and I still haven't gotten a response. I'm really confused here as to what I should do. I don't know if he's mad at me, or something happened, or what. I know it could be that he's just being a total a$$ but I really can't see that because he's such a decent person. Still, I don't want to be an idiot and send a FOURTH text. Should I call him to see what's the deal? He's going out of the country next week and I'd like to see him before then!

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't text anymore. He more than likely got them. If you don't hear from him, it could be he's just busy with work...or his interest faded. But only time will tell.

• I'm just afraid I did something to hurt him/piss him off. This wouldn't be the first time... this is how he tends to react when he gets hurt or upset.

What Guys Said 3

• He's annoyed but he'll act like he isn't or be apologetic when he finally does contact you. No offence, but he sounds like he will be either super sensitive and needy or manipulative. Probably both. You were perfectly reasonable about it, and explained the situation fine. I wouldn't call him. Probably wouldn't even talk to him anymore.

• Yes, you should call him. If he doesn't answer leave a message, briefly explain again that you didn't mean to fall asleep but it just happened and that you hope he's not too mad at you. Hopefully he returns your call or texts you back. If he doesn't then I guess he did get too mad and you should move on. Because if he's going to continue to act butt hurt over this he's not going to be worth your time in the long run anyway.

• He's just busy with preparation for the trip out of the country. Just send him a 'bon voyage' text and leave it for when he gets back!

• That would be the fourth text in a row with no response...isn't that kinda overkill?

• If you really like someone, it's ok..you want him to know you're not mad at him for not answering!

What Girls Said 2

• You seem like you have genuine feelings for him, I have been in your shoes (let me guess you've been dating 3-5 weeks or have been on 3-5 dates) and have a pretty good idea (and outside perspective) on how men think... He got spooked, became to close and he isn't ready for it... When a guy doesn't contact a girl for 3 days espesh when she contacted him it has to be somewhat intentional.. Don't wait around for him.. best thing you can do is go on a date w/someone new and re-fesh your feelings... If you call him, do it from a number that he isn't use to (not your cell, so he'll answer and you can actually confront him)

• yes I get that it's intentional...I'm just wondering if I did something to hurt him or piss him off. It wouldn't be unlike him to react this way if I did.

• No, he's just immature or your not right for each other... Just be you and it'll work work with a guy who's ready.. You currently like him so as a woman your going to ruminate over it but know that it's in your head you prob did nothing wrong... He could tell you wanted more and he freaked that's it nothing deeper..

• Yup, he got mad. I'm recently talking to this guy and I ignored his text msgs one time, and he was furious he told me not to ignore him ever again or he was gonna stop talking to me lol. So he might have gotten super mad at you for "ignoring" him, just apologize.