Dating a transgender man?

Ladies, would you consider dating a transgender man? Would you rather know up front or would that keep you from giving him a chance? I'm just a regular guy who happened to be born in the wrong body. I'm far enough along in my transition that nobody ever thinks about my gender and just accepts what they see. Where can I find a lady who will take a chance on me? Please no insults or hate. Just looking for honest answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• you have to be honest about who you are. but at the same time, you have the right to keep that information private until you trust a person enough to share it. there needs to be a happy medium. let's say we went on a few dates and we liked each other, and there was chemistry, and THEN you told me. I think I'd be really surprised and I would probably tell you that I needed to think about it. and then I'd ask you A LOT of questions. I don't know what other people would do, but I know I would. I'd want to know everything about it, how comfortable you are with yourself now, if you're happy, if you made the right decision, etc. I can't imagine what it's like to feel like you were born in the wrong body :/ I can only say that it must be brutally confusing, so you'd have to help me understand. and I think... I think I'm open-minded enough to be OK with it. there will be women out there who will take a chance on you, just as there will be women who get freaked out and will always think about you as a girl... that's the reality of it. my advice to you is not to just blurt out that you're transgendered. share it a little after getting to know each other when there's some established trust.

and presentation is key. practice in your head exactly how you'd say it to her. you're your best advertising agency lol. so be sincere, tell her you hope she'll give you a chance. I think she'd be hard-pressed not to. good luck with everything :)

What Girls Said 10

• I hope to think that I'm open minded enough to be okay with that. At the end of the day, if we're dating and I'm not only attracted to you but dig your personality, something like that shouldn't bother me.

That is pretty tough though. It sucks, but I think a lot of women would be uncomfortable with it. You just have to get past those, and move towards someone who won't have an issue with it.

Skinandbones' answer pretty much summarises my attitude, anyhow.

• I am not sure, if it was the first thing he told, I think it would put me off.. but if we had gotten to know eachtoher and I was told that, I guess I would be okay with it, I would just need to get used to it.. but if I felt like he was really good for me, I would not end it..

• Be upfront about it. I don't think I would but if I got to know the guy first and we connected (cause that's most important to me- a connection) than I yeah I would consider it

• i don't understand, are you a woman in the process of becoming a guy or are you a guy in the process of becoming a woman?

• I'd say be up front about it :) I wouldn't mind though because I'm pansexual, I'd date you if I wasn't married and attracted to u

• I don't mind, but you have to remember that some people might and they don't always go about it gracefully. But to answer your question, I don't care what's down there, as long as the person I'm dating identifies as a man. That's all I care about.

• what do you mean by transgender guy?

• Same as above, a transgender guy has mentally been a guy the whole time.

• Do you know of a guy who wants to be a girl, but refers to himself as "regulardude"? lol

• hmm OK that's what I thought but didn't want to assume wrong. well I am not sure but I think it might be OK. haven't thought about this before.

• I assume that you dress like a man but you haven't had the operation yet.

• That would be interesting, I would try it.

• I don't mind transgender but I don't see myself dating one.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe you should just try dating a woman who used to be a regular dude then, lmao.