Would you date someone who is bigger?

I feel like no one wants to date me because I am overweight, I'm working on losing it. But as of right now I feel like no one will date me because of it

Most Helpful Guy

• Some of that is true but really think of this in a reverse way

You do have choices w/o losing weight but time is not on your side in finding that guy, choices/opportunities are fewer; as you wait, patience is tested, then food temptations make things worse.

So let's change that long drawn out process.

Start losing weight the old fashioned way = more calories burned than intake; many find that when they discover a calories burning activity they love, more time/fun is spent burning, the hunger pains are fewer, less time to be tempted to add calories = fewer calories intake

Thereafter you begin to have more choices and opportunities to date, then cull down to the one that best suits.

What Guys Said 3

• Basically no, not if she was significantly overweight.

I hope you can take this for what it is - good news. Because the inverse of what I'm saying is, if most guys are like me, if you lose the weight it will make a BIG difference in how much attention you get.

• I don't know. Maybe. I've seen pretty ones. I guess it would depend on how much bigger she was, how she carried it, and how she acted.

• There's plenty of overweight and obese guys, but many of them have low self-esteem. If you're willing to do the approaching, you could probably get a boyfriend quite easily.

What Girls Said 7

• Now as your on the right path for losing weight, is a good thing. But please honey, don't think that guys won't talk to you because of your size. If you'll get that thought out of your mind and think positiv. Confidence is one thing you should have, and a cute smile on your face, not like a retard but a smile that will make guys turn around to look again. Dress good, smell good, show your funny exciting side and see how people treats you then.

But after reading this, don't stop with the weight lose, because you want to have a better health for yourself! Best of luck :)

• just lose it then you will feel better. now your goal is get into your ideal weight, then your self esteem will change.

good luck

• personally no. But that's regarding men. Faat is just not masculine, it's more feminie so I'm sure if you just a few lbs too much most guys won't mind

• I like big fluffly guys along with slimmer guys, so weight doesn't really bother me. It might be different for some guys though regarding women.

• Yes! I'd date a slightly chubby guy.

• When I was pretty chubby, no guys would approach me and I got zero attention from guys.

I lost 30 pounds, and literally 5 guys approached me/said that they liked me within like 3 months.

i'm not saying that you HAVE to lose weight for guys to like you, but it definitely helps in the number of guys that will approach you.

• I'm right where you are, my friend. I used to be slimmer (although still overweight) and I occasionally get guys wanting to talk to me. Now I've gotten bigger and no guy has ever approached me since. I don't think it's my face, I think I'm kinda cute. So it must be the weight thing. I'm also trying to lose the weight. Just be patient, I know it sucks, but it will motivate you even more. The day will come when we look great! :)

• Yup! Just way later aha

• it'll come before you know it. We just need to stay strong and not give in to chocolate or whatever your addiction is, get our asses in yoga pants, hair in ponytails and start sweating.

If you want to get a guy faster, I guess you have to go and get them yourself.