Do you think its wrong for girls or guys to want to date people who are old enough to be their parents?

I mainly see this with women, but I'm sure there are a few guys like this too. they are really attracted to people who are in their fifties, or basically old enough to be their Dad/mom.

Do you think that is wrong? or no?

link

See my follow up question

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's wrong in and of itself (assuming they are adults), although their motivation may be questioned. If there is some unresolved parental issue, then it is probably not a good idea as it is likely to be an obstacle to a healthy relationship...

What Guys Said 8

• If they really feel a strong connection to each other, then good for them. I don't care.

• As long as they've both passed the threshold of adulthood its fine

• no, as long as they are both adults and there are no bad intentions

• I think its gross

• Whatever floats their boat.

• It is not wrong to want to date a person of any age as long as that person is an adult.

• only if the person is at a ridic. age

i.e. if you're 24 and your s.o. is 33 (age to be a mother) it's fine... but if it's 15 and 33, then yes it's wrong because it's not only illegal but also, in my opinion, immoral

• Not wrong. It's strange and something I don't understand and am honestly kinda grossed out at the idea...but who am I to say who they go with

What Girls Said 8

• Like most people said as long as it is legal then let it be. People really need tp mind their business ans learn to live their own. As to the girl taking about old guys touching her I understand how uncomfortable that is and that isn't OK at any age. Who should approach who shouldn't matter at all. People no matter the age should go after what they want and if rejected get over it and move on.

• Personally I have always doind it creepy on both ends.

• It's not wrong, but I think it's stupid. There's bound to be a power struggle. The older person might have more money and different worldviews. They also probably have a place of their own and the younger person is at their mercy when he/she moves in with them.

• it's wrong if they're like 24 and the guy's like 79.

• If you're 18+, its not. But it will be awkward when you're introducing them to members and friends. If you're out in public, and you're both a same race couple, people will assume you're father & daughter or mother & daughter. It probably won't be a cake walk.

• There's nothing right or wrong if they really love each other with no material agenda. afterall it is their choice, not ours

• I dated a guy closer to my age. I'm 18. he was 22. it didn't work out. he was really insecure and sensitive but I fell in love with him. now I'm heartbroken and he keeps toying with me, sayin he wants to be back together. the next he doesn't wanna even talk to me, so the next person I'm with will be over the age of 45

• Doesn't that mean they have an Oedipus/electra complex?