Should I try the friend route with girls or keep trying to date them?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going about it wrong. A lot of the girls who I show interest in end up having boyfriends already. Which from my experience, this causes girls to not want to keep in touch with me even if I try the friendship route so I usually go the direct route and show my interest in dating them and asking them out. So I don't know. It would be nice to have a female friend or two but I never seem to run into a girl who doesn't have a boyfriend and I guess I've never figured out how to form a friendship with a girl who does have a boyfriend since I've never convinced one. Anyways, which is the better way. Keep doing what I'm doing which is trying to get dates with girls or should I be friends with them and hope they will be available at some point?

Most Helpful Girl

• It might actually hurt you more just being friends with them and seeing them with their boyfriends! It would be suffering in silence, and trust me that is more painful to deal with, so no letting them go, and not really being friends is the best way, however if you are the type though that can be friends with these girls and not get really upset when you seem them flirt or have boyfriends then you can do the friend route. It all depends. Me, I like a guy right now and I can't stand it when he flirts with girls, so I don't think I could be friends with him, just because I would be upset too much. It would bring more sadness than happiness hanging out with him. What you can do is when you see these girls tell them to call you or text you when they are free of relationships. Like, I said your more than likely saving yourself a lot of heartache by letting them go :) Just keep trying and eventually a single girl will pop up. Remember that opportunities are always rising, so don't think your always going to run into girls that are in relationships. Hope I helped! Good luck sweetie! <3 one love

• I see. I would really like to have a female friend to meet up with and just chit chat once a week or maybe once every two weeks. Do you have any tips on getting girls to hang out with me even though they have boyfriends? You might be right about it being a pain watching a girl date another guy but I'd like to give it a try.

• There are some girls that will hang out with guys even though they have boyfriends but it's kinda iffy. Cause her boyfriend might get all jealous etc. I would just be honest and explain that to a girl, I would just say "Hey, I would like to be just friends, and chill, and chit chat" Girls will like that cause girls love to hang around guys. Yeah, I would just be honest, and you'll probably get somewhere! :) Take care! Good luck! <3 one love

• So can you be friends with a girl who you asked out? Or would the fact that she knows I like her make things too awkward on her part? Especially if she already has a bf.

What Girls Said 4

• Its not a bad thing actually I think You HAVE GOOD TASTE IN GIRLS .. and that's the VERY REASON WHY THEY ARE TAKEN ! Friend route is best in girls ... in general .. we slowly warm up to guys and sometimes we END UP with the guy that we ARE NOT ATTRACTED to AT FIRST ... but the Consistency Loyalty and Friendship is WHAT MAKES US SEE THE BEAUTY WITHIN which is VERY VERY Important to GIRLS who would want a SERIOUS relationship !

• So can I still be friends with a girl I asked out or did I ruin it by doing that? If I can then do I just pretend it never happened and act normal?

• YES and don't pretend .. accept ... it did really happened .. and there's nothing wrong with that .. Yeah ..act normal !

• If you really like them as a person stay friends not have them as back up.

• yes maybe just be friends for a while and when she gets to know you hopefully she will like you.

• I mean why do you try dating girls who are already taken , Is there someone that you truly like that's taken .

• Yeah. All the girls I like are taken. That's the problem is I never run into a single girl. There is one girl I really like but she has a boyfriend, plus she lives with the guy. So that one is kind of a hopeless cause I guess. Then there was another girl who I thought was nice but she lives with her boyfriend too.

What Guys Said 1

• The friend route gets you friend zoned. That's all.