Have you ever felt somewhat insecure with dating because you are unique? And stand out from the bunch?

I'm currently feeling this way.I've found that a lot of guys go for girls who are sometimes void of personality,and who wears heels and dresses just to walk to the corner store.Personally,I find that to be lame.But I also find that,those girls get noticed at times before me.Its okay I guess.I think its primarily because I'm in my own funky and fun clothing,and not 'showing' a lot of skin or whatever else.Also,I can hold my own in conversations and not say "like" every other word.Anyway,I say all of this to bring up some recent anxiety that I have been feeling.

I'm going out with a guy maybe in the next week who is attractive,and he dresses relatively ummm...think...slacks and a button down.Meanwhile,I'm in Vans,jeans or whatever else colorful.I'm happy with who I am,and what my style is,but sometimes I think it might be a bit much for guys,and they would rather stay with...the NORM.Has anyonee else felt like this?Is this all in my head?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to be yourself and not get as much attention than to pretend to be someone else. If you were to act like those girls, you would not be happy with yourself and that would be noticeable. Never pretend to be someone else, instead be the best you you can be. Not all guys go for bimbos with heels and skirts.

What Guys Said 2

• If dressing "girlie" isn't your thing - why do you even care if guys who only go for that 'type' like you or not?

• yes

What Girls Said 5

• You should look at it as a blessing. When a guy likes you, you know it's because of who you are and not how you dress.

• i dress like you describe but my personality is more cookie less cutter and I feel like I stand out.

• You just happen to meet the wrong type of guys who only value looks.

• hahaha yep I am unique that is for sure... but to hell with it, I can't waste my life trying to fit into a mold, I am who I am and I like who I am...there's someone out there for me hopefully:)

• Not really