Have you ever met anyone online as a potential gf/bf?

well have you? and did you date them?

Most Helpful Girl

• not really. I guess some guys appear great, but real life, maybe they are not all that great. reality is different than what's on the internet sometimes.

What Guys Said 6

• Yea... but the distance was a problem...

Sincerely,

A Loving Black Man

• Yes, I married her. It's been like 13 years now.

• I came close, but I blew it.

• if you are interested you can contact me. I want to meet some new ppl. lol

• Yes.. several times. Yes I did date a few. Some where a complete waste of time.

• yes. once for 6 mnths

What Girls Said 7

• Well... I have spoken to a few people on the net that have been really nice. Only problem is, if they new what I looked like they would probably run a mile. :L I don't like putting my picture up though for warning them partly cause I don't want any of my friends in real life to know I'm using this site mainly so if I need to wine about friends I can without them getting angry and I don't want to hurt them if I felt the need to. Also because I'm not photogenic and my mother would kill me... D:

Not really very valid reasons I know, but it's mainly cause I don't like the way I look.

And don't worry ppl, I'm not one of those fake weirdos or anything and I will put a picture up of me eventually... probably when I'm 18 though cause my mum can't have a say really then.

• Actually I met this guy on plentyoffish.com like a year ago and saw him out once in a while and a few months ago started hanging out regularly and now are kinda dating. awesome great guy and we have as lot of things in common. You just have to be very very careful. You can definately meet someone online and have them be your bf/gf.

• yes I have. and I ended up dating him for 5 months..but it didn't work because we lived too far away. it was fun when we were going outt :]

you never know who you'll meet...so be careful if you do decide to try online dating!

• Yeah I met this amazing guy but I broke it off.

• yes, indeed...of course..you learn some new things about it.

• i met my boyfriend on MySpace.

• I have, but I'd recommended switching the relationship to a real-life one as soon as possible. If it stays strictly internet-based you miss out on so many important factors to communicating with someone. At least I did. I obsessed so much on the words that were said and didn't feel like I could really trust him because there was so much nonverbally that I couldn't pick up on.

So I think meeting a potential someone online is totally possible, but the only actually online thing about it should be the meeting. The rest of the relationship should take place normally if you really want it to succeed, imo.