Am I the type to date around or settle? Which should I do

I have only gone out with one girl, an ex I was with for two years. I was desperate to keep her because I was awkward in high school and didn't know most of what I was doing gamewise. We ended it due to distance, but she always said how I was the best boyfriend she ever had.

Im still a virgin because she is wsiting until marriage and I respected that.Now my friends want me to talk to this girl who I have known forever and we are really close. She is a girlie girl and is very prude and innocent. I respect her a lot. I was taught to be a gentleman and pick the good mother type like her. I am insaenly attracted to girls who look rebellious. Bright dyed hair, cute face, fun loving. I don't know how to reconcile the two because I fins girlie girls boring. Do I sound like I should go for wife material or try to fate the girl I described?

,

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go for what makes you happy. Imagine you dated this girlie girl for for the next year. 5 years. 10 years. Could you handle it that long? Would you be bored out of your skull? I know personally I could not date someone I found boring! It means that when it comes down to it we don't have enough in common. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them or me, it just wouldn't work out in the long run.

The whole point of dating (in my opinion at least) is to find people who are the most suitable for you on all levels, not who you've been taught to like or pick. If you do that, then you are letting others make the decision for you.

I think you could even find girls who are both girlie and rebellious as strange as that sounds. Not everyone is so cookie cutter that they fit into only one category. Never settle for less either. How can you ever get what you TRULY want if you settle?

Can you say you even feel ready to find the "right" girl with whom you'd like to marry? If the answer is no, then have fun and see what is out there. I am not advising to sleep around though! I feel that's never a good idea, but then again that's my opinion. You need to do what YOU feel is best. That's the whole point.

Best of luck! :)

• I'm not very experienced with girls, and I feel like I need to know what's out there before deciding who to marry. Not necessarily sleeping around but learning what makes me tick. Thanks :)

What Girls Said 4

• You're very young. You've done the settle down thing once before, and I think it's great to explore the things you like (and they change constantly!) Go for what attracts you. You may decide they're not for you in the long run, or you might find a "rebellious" type who makes an incredible girlfriend that you didn't imagine before.

As long as you're not lying and cheating in the process, there is nothing wrong with exploring what attracts you while you figure out what you like.

• I find cheaters despicable so no worries. Thank youuu

• Well you're young and have plenty of time for serious relationships. I say go for the fun girl. You said you respect the girlie girl but you're attracted to the fun girl. If things don't work out then maybe if the girlie girl is available you can try talking to her.

• You're right I should try and have fun and see what its like. Thanks!

Unrelated, but I just think you're really pretty :)

• 2 years is longer than most people's relationships, I think you are doing good for how young you are.

• If you get in long distance relationships a lot your settle down type

What Guys Said 2

• Who determines what is wife material? Shouldn't you be the one being the judge of that? Of course not everyone is attracted to the same type of girl. So what if you are attracted to girls that aren't the stereotypical homemaker wife type. Go after what you want, not what others tell you to want.

• Well, I mean my only real reservation on wife material is that she doesn't cheat on me. Yeah I'm going to start looking for what I want. Thankss

• You should try everything now. Go after rebellious gils; you will learn a lot, even if it doesn't work out because they find you to be too boring! That might well be the case with those dyed hair set, and they don't usually want to settle down wth any one guy.

Artichoke heart!