Girls and the Art of Texting

Alright so let me tell you what is happening. I met this girl a few months ago during college and we ended going out for a bit, we have a lot in common and she is very beautiful, she actually approached me because she had a "crush" on me, anyway we'd text and talk regularly until she just suddenly stopped all contact. It surprised me at first but I moved on, although in the back of my mind I wondered at times why she stopped, maybe I did or said something wrong?

Well a few days ago out of the blue I got a text from her, literally 2 months after hearing nothing. She initiated the contact asking how I was, etc. I ended up texting her back and now she hasn't replied for several days.

Do you think she is playing games? If her intention was for me to think about her again she accomplished that.

Let me ask you girls, in general how long does it take you to reply to a text? I usually respond within an hour if I'm not busy but that's just me. Women are very interesting :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are just like that -- perhaps there was some unresolved thing she had to take care of?

Also, when was the last time you texted her? Who was the last person to text whom? If you also made no attempt to contact her, she might have taken that as a lack of interest.

The length of time it takes me to answer depends on the time of day/week and if there's wifi available. For example, I *usually* answer within the half-hour unless my battery's dead or I'm in a "dead zone" of some kind. If someone doesn't hear from me in a week, they worry "Where are you? It's not like you!" (even if they've only known me for a few weeks...).

If it's during a busy workday or if I'm traveling, it takes longer, of course, but I usually get around to answering by the end of the day (or very early the next morning). Different people have priority response status, of course. If you don't hear from me within a week, I'm not interested. If I don't hear from you within a week, I presume that you're not interested.

If I give you a nudge via text, I expect an answer and vice versa, otherwise, the moment passes and we both move on.

What Girls Said 13

• To me, it sounds like she might possibly be using you for some sort of attention. OR, she is playing games>>girls think if they play hard to get, they will win...weird.

If she is using you for attention, she might have a boyfriend...and is one of those girls who text other guys when they are fighting or on the verge of a break up. Then, when they make up and she will feel guilty if she talks to you. Some Girls are evil.

If she is playing games, if you want, give her what she wants. Text her more than once. Chase her. That kind of thing.

She could also be really busy with school or work that gets her side tract. But, 2 months is a long time to be side tract.

I cannot think of any other reasons. When someone texts me, I usually respond right away or within the hours if I am busy.

• MMMM! It depends, is she a busy person? But still, I am sure she would still have time to reply to one simple text...

Just because she had a crust on you doesn't mean she had to stick to you... She was probably really interested in you before dating you, but maybe as time went by, and she got to know the "real you and not her crush" she last her infatuation...

I really doubt she's expecting you to believe that she's still interested in you, and that you're still interested in her.

To me it seems that she only wants to be your friend, and only that...She doesn't want you to think that she hates you, etc... She just didn't have the guts to "brake-up" with you.

• I know some girls who just forget to text back. Some of my friends will take a week to get back to me because they just forgot. She could have met someone and it didn't work out so now she's going back to you. If you are interested tho don't expect her to do all the work you have to go after her.

• When someone texts me, I like to respond right away.

If I know I can't, I try not to even read it...

Far to often, I'll read a message, be too busy to respond right now...

and then I forget to go back to it altogether...

• I stop replying to guys texts/initiating conversations with them only if I feel like I'm bothering them, pushing them away or they just aren't interested. The way I feel, if you want to talk to me, you will talk to me. It doesn't matter how quickly you text back, if you are sending one word answers or our conversations are stale then that means to me I should probably step back and you'll talk to me if you want to. Considering you didn't talk to her for a couple months, you gave her the impression that she wasn't worth keeping in contact with. Her randomly texting you could mean she looks back to your brief time together, saw potential (serious or just sexual), and even though she feels you weren't interested in her, she thought she would try to catch your attention again. Whether its all part of a game or she legitimately likes you is another story. That's for her to know.

• It sounds like she wants to see how bothered you are when she stops contacting you. I.e. Do you miss her, do you make an.effort to call or ask what the problem is. Or are you happy to just let her drift away. It sounds like she likes you and is insecure about how you feel.

If however you did make an effort to call or ask and she still ignored you then yes she is playing games.

• it sounds like she's interested, but she wants to see if you are interested (by replying to her text, and keeping the conversation going) before putting herself out on the line.

• Why didn't you just text her in that 2 months? That's odd. If you really liked her why didn't you just cut the chase and call her for a date?

By the way she probably thought you weren't that keen.

• She is playing you.

She left you and thought the grass was greener. Now, after being single and maybe even dating she realizes she messed up. Or, she contacted you after a breakup, like a rebound thing to validate herself.

If she really wanted to reconnect, she'd reply.

Glad you moved on, continue to!

Best wishes.

• Wow that kinda reminds me of bro's ex but he talked to her first then she stopped texting and a few months later out of the blue starting texting him. They became a couple a few months later.

• lol don't ask us what is wrong with her.

be a man and ask her your self and see what she tells you!

• just text what you feel:)

• When you say she "suddenly stopped all contact" what do you mean by that? Did she stop initiating texts or responding to them? Or both?

What Guys Said 1

• There is someone else that is her main focus of affection. Chicks like that are so annoying. She's shy, oh she wants the chase, oh blah blah blah. She's playing games. And if she's not, she is too much of a pain in the ass to be worth it. Had a girl from college reach out in the same way, and after disappearing twice I just let her go. She likes stuff on my fb, but too annoying to deal with. Find another...