Am I the only one who barely dates?

I barely date at all lol. Don't have the time, never found someone I'm really compatible with, not into hook ups haha, etc. My friends say I'm "weird" for not dating a lot like they are..they jump from one guy/girl to the next while I'm running around doing all these errands lol.

Anyone else like this? Or do you like to date around in order to find someone long term?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't blame you. The quality of boys today is terrible.

What Guys Said 9

• Dating like once a month? I think I do that too. I've been taking one girl on multiple dates recently. I'm pretty sure she might fall for me soon, any day now. BTW I'm gonna try to add you as a friend on here. Just looked at your profile description and it's good, and you too. you're good too.

• Yeah I guess some people DO date once a month. I hope it works out with her hun : ) And sure ha ha add me :) good to know I'm good! :p ps that unicorn is just epic

• Nothing wrong with that...IMO you have your priorities set in other places. Funny how others find people like you and me that don't "serial date" as strange! :-P

• Yo.

Right here.

• I've only ever been on one date and she told me through text she wasn't looking for a relationship. I was crushed and discouraged so I haven't gone a date since. My current Girlfriend just asked me out before we fell asleep one night.

• Did she really?! Ahhh that's not very nice :/ I hope other dates in the future work out for you. I think most people have gone through terrible and awkward dates oh gosh :p & that's cute!

• I don't either. I'm very independent haha

• Haha same ! I'm also very independent and I find that stops me kind of :/ do you find that too?

• Yeah.. I don't like the idea of losing my sense of self. Maybe I'm kind of selfish in that way? I just like to make decisions that concern me. I think maybe if I found the right person someday that could change but I don't know.

• I don't date but not out of choice. Nobody is so busy that they can't go on any dates, especially if they have time to post on GAG haha.

• Hahaha! Well of course I like to relax :p but the thing is if a guy asks me out on a date, they usually expect me to just go the next day with him or something. While I like to get to know the guy really well with a group of friends and such before being alone with him ha ha if that makes sense?

• I've found only one girl I'm compatible with, and she lives on another continent.

I think my problem is, I care too much about personality and intelligence. People always say how everyone should be less shallow. I really do think very few people would date, if they weren't shallow.

• Awww! Can you go visit her somehow? Make sure you Skype or something to be sure it's her first! :p Then gather some money and go see her :- )

Don't worry, I seem to care a lot about personality & intelligence as well.

• That's OK, I rarley date as well!

• I have no interest in dating. I mean none of you know what you want, nothing ever keeps you happy and dating is ultimately just a big waste of money. I do on the other hand have a friend with benefits. She always knows what she wants, gets what she wants, and leaves immediately after.

• Aww ha ha well I agree that most girls don't know what they want. I actually think the reason I personally do not date much is BECAUSE I know what I want. If that makes sense? & lol @FWB! Hey, as long as it works out : )

• Of course! If a guy like you and a girl like me ever met up, we would be perfect since we both know what we want.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm like that right now. I hope to start dating soon but at the same time, even though I don't like being single, I don't want to be running around with a bunch of different guys. That's not something I see for myself nor do I really want that. I'm also not into random hook ups or fwb. I like to have sex--don't get me wrong--but I'm not so desperate for it to have to have a hook up buddy or go screw random guys.

• Haha... We're even...

I come from very protective parents, when I was younger I was not allowed to play with guys, worst have a boyfriend. When I turned 18 I was allowed to start dating, but because I didn't have much interaction with guys before I didn't, and I kinda still don't know how to approach and let them know I am available to be approached. I am 21 by the way.

And yes, because of that I have fully focused on my studies, and I have now become a bit lazy to the idea of dating. And yes, I see a lot of friends changing boyfriends all the time... I really can't see myself doing that...

I know I won't get married to the first guy a date, but when I do find that guy that really, really calls my interest, I will get to know him really good before we even date, because I really don't want to dump him the next month...

hehe.

• I also barely date. As a matter of fact, I've never dated. For me it's for several reasons. First of all, I'm very shy and I rarely go out so it's difficult to meet people under these conditions. I'd also rather wait for a decent person with nice values rather than just dating around. People also find me very "odd", but I'm happy with my decisions and that's all that matters.

• No. I would n't go out with someone who I'll have no emotional connection with or have a proper convo with

• same here

I don't need a man

• I am just like you, barely date haha.

I won't date so many people.

• I only really tried dating for a short time. I hated it so I stopped, haha!

I'd rather be on my own than constantly trying to date, honestly.

• I'm the same. Don't really understand the concept of dating in general...like how do people even go about it? How do you meet enough people in life for you to want to choose someone to ask out in the first place? Seems so easy for everyone else

• Yes, but I am 25 so it is more of an issue for me. Start practicing now, you don't want to be 25 without even a fair weather boyfriend.

• Nah you are not the only one I would rather be doing my own thing than chasing after a relationship my relationship motto is if it happen with the right guy it happens