Girls, if a guy doesn’t message you after visiting your online dating profile, what do you assume?

So, a guy visits your online dating profile (some dating websites allow you to know who’s visited), but he never sends you a message. Of course a lot of the time you might not even notice. But if you do notice, what do you assume?

Bear in mind that dating websites allow you to see a photo before you actually visit the profile.

Guys, choose the option that would be YOUR most likely reason for not messaging a girl whose profile you’ve visited.

• I assume that, on closer inspection, he didn’t find me physically attractive.
  • My profile (the written part) didn’t interest him enough.
  • He wants to message me but can’t think of what to say or is too shy, etc.
  • He’s just busy. / There are other girls who catch his eye.
  • He clicked on my profile impulsively. He was never attracted.
By far the most common reason for me is B.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually just assume he isn't attracted to me or doesn't want to read my profile so he just gave up and went onto someone else. I'm fine with that, I have my profile written to attract people who are actually looking for relationships. If someone is turned off by what I read, then we probably weren't a good match anyway. I'm not offended, it happens.

What Girls Said 1

• Your picture probably caught his eye and he wanted to see more. Maybe he didn't like something you said in your profile and that hindered him from messaging you. It's not that big a deal, so don't worry about it. If he was really interested in you and not just for your looks, he would've taken time to message you. Just move on and find someone who is willing to get to know you for you and not your looks. Hope I helped!

Best of luck! (:

• LMAO. I'm a guy. I was just curious to know what a girl's reaction would be to my behavior . Thanks anyway, though. Haha.

• Oh gosh! D: I'm so sorry! I didn't know. lol But that would be my reaction, I wouldn't make a big deal of it unless he viewed my profile everyday. lol && No problem! xD

What Guys Said 1

• I actually do this often, and the cause is quite simple. Yeah, they may look really good, but if they are vapid or have nothing on their page worthy of starting a conversation about I'm not going to message you. I see way too many women who the only thing their profiles say is "just ask me" and nothing else.