Is now the worst time to live as an unattractive male?

In pre historic times they could just use force to obtain what they wanted from women.

From the dawn of civilization they were prohibited from doing that but could use wealth to get a wife. Furthermore through most of history sex outside marriage was looked down upon meaning everyone got a partner each.

Since feminism women no longer need men for financial support. With the reduction of religious influence people can have multiple sex partners, allowing all the women to just date and sleep with the good looking men.

Unattractive men no longer have any means to get women for dates/sex/relationships/marriage. Is this the worst time to live as an unattractive man?

Most Helpful Girl

• So first of all I think you should probably read "The Score: How the quest for sex has shaped the modern man" it sounds like something that would interest you! And possibly send a little less time day dreaming in history class and a little more time actually studying, because at the dawn of man (aka pre-historic times), it would have been even harder for an "unattractive man" to get a date/sex/relationship/marriage and women generally slept with whomever they felt was attractive in order to raise the likely-hood they would get pregnant, hence why women can have so many more orgasms in a shorter period of time then a man. It is only with in stricter and relatively modern civilizations and the influx of mono-god religions that humans that created a society which shamed women for their multiple sex partners and ended up with less "attractive males". Even at those times, however, a male could be left without a partner if families saw him as an unattractive mate for their daughter. All the influences that you could bring up that would change this still exist today. You can still mail-order a bride from other countries, buy a woman's love, or forcibly raper as much as you could during those times. Of course you would be looked down apart now just as much as you would then. (Just to make it clear I am not saying it is OK to rape a woman, I'm just saying that it was looked on just as much in pre-history as it is today)

What Girls Said 15

• You could use your personality :|

Wealth and status is still a huge thing. You might not get a gorgeous girl, but why should a girl have to date someone she isn't attracted too? Just because you're not conventionally attractive doesn't mean you'll never find a girl who is attracted to you or a girl who could fall in love with you.

• I do think it's harder, for men and women alike. Yes it may be easier for unattractice women to get sex than unattractive men, but it's equally difficult for both parties to find a stable relationship partner. In these days, an unattractive personality in a partner can just be settled with divorce, where in older times a marriage was forever.

• Its not hard at all for women. Even fat women have lots of men trying to chat them up.

• I have seen so many unattractive men who successfully married and live happily.Not in most cases though.

• Nope, I'd say it's the best time. Maybe I don't know how you feel because I'm considered attractive, but I'm not popular type or the type who socializes often so I havn't got approached often. But whenever I did, I realized that it was because of my looks and not my personality because how can it be because of my personality if I keep to myself? And from that experience I learned that people who date each other because of looks, often don't even know if it's love or just attraction, or if one of their partner is only after sex. But if a guy is considered unattractive yet gets a girlfriend, then there's more chance that they actually have feelings for one another and it's real. I learned that even though pretty people get through life easier, it's the 'unattractive' ones who actually get the real deal by knowing that they got through things because they worked for it, and that their relationship is real. This doesn't include all pretty or unattractive people, but it's just something I've learned through observation.

• so basically screw human rights because you want sex.

• and women had tons of sex millions of years go. Its recently -relatively- the shackles were slapped on.

• Masculine power used to dominate at great heights back in those ancient times... Now it's the males who feel the wrath of female power unleashing and rejecting them at the drop of a hat. No big deal, it's just karma.

No there's just too many of them. Opportunities are scarce.

• Nope, there are some pretty horny women and their pickiness lessens with alcohol.

• If you could show your face, then maybe you could get some honest opinions about your looks. Anyway, being ugly doesn't have to completely exclude you from the dating scene. Plenty of ugly guys with charming personalities have gotten girls and I get this from being a firsthand witness. The girls were mediocre looking, sure, but they went for the ugly guys.

• I'm set as anon because I do not want to get opinions on my looks. I am already aware that I'm unattractive. I do not need or desire to discuss that. This question wasn't about me.

• Its only bad if your personality sucks , if you think that woman owe you something and if your confidence is really non existent then I don't need to tell you

• We aren't talking about why men may be unattractive.

• maybe if you stop sounding this angry you would fair better with woman

• I'm not looking for advice. How many times do I have to point that out to you?

• unattractive men are still in - its about your personality that's what gets the keepers the wives. Money, looks and force only get you dates and sex. You must think long term sex ;) go for marriage and relationships

• Lots of men cannot get relationships or marriage. These are the men I'm talking about.

• I'm sure most girls aren't ONLY looking for good looking men. Some girls are looking just for a person to keep them company. Someone who truly likes them for who they are. Maybe looks does play a part in the person they choose, but not 100% of the time. Maybe some times it is only like 70% of the time. Good luck

• Oh no, now guys have to work on their appearance just like women have been doing for centuries in order to attract a partner when before they could just buy one. What a tragedy, let me play you a sad song on the world's smallest violin.

I'm so f***ing sorry that women aren't property anymore and you have to do your fair share of the work in obtaining a relationship. Cry me a river, and then drown in it.

• The difference is all women are attractive whereas only a small proportion of men are. Why do you think they came up with marriage in the first place? 80% of men won't put up with being banned from dating, sex and relationships. That is what we are moving towards.

• Personally I am quite happy that it is no longer like that, true if you are as unattractive as you say you are I think that you would of had a better chance of getting a pretty wife in the 1800s when women were considered property when married. HOWEVER I would like to point out that I agree that women make it easier for a man to have sex with her so the majority of men find no need to want a relationship. but some men do want relationships but they want sex too

• They have sex easily with good looking men. They don't even talk to ugly men.

• i could say the same thing about women, I see unattractive fat women with boyfriends all the time and unattractive women in general getting married and having babies. look at tori spelling

• in this tech boom, no way? this is the best time for nerds!:D

• Yeah sure.

I'm not taking this serious.

You're basically saying women shouldn't reject a guy she's not sexually attracted too which is stupid. I find it hilarious that you tried to sound smart but failed hard though.

• I never said that. I didn't say women should or shouldn't do anything.

What Guys Said 5

• How about.. using our wonderful personalities to 'get' a woman with whom we can enjoy life with ;-)

Women aren't there just to bear our children, you know...

• What if the guy doesn't have a wonderful personality? As I said, unattractive males.

• I assumed you were referring to appearance when you said "unattractive".

If you have an unattractive personality, perhaps you should do something about that. Get some more hobbies so you are interesting to talk to. But most of all be a good person. Be kind. That is always attractive.

• I do have an unattractive physical appearance. And according to people here an unattractive personality. The question wasn't about me though.

Its about whether this time period is harder on unattractive men than previous time periods, for whatever reason the men may be unattractive.

• how barbaric.

• probably the dawn of technology has screwed us too

• Ah, but society is always changing. Change didn't stop in the 1960s/70s. What has happened since then? Emasculation. Many men, including many good-looking men, are utterly unattractive to women because they have been feminized.

The most important quality a man can have is charm/confidence. If you're not feminized or you put in the effort to defeminize yourself, you have an awesome opportunity. I would say now is a better time to be an unattractive male than say ten or twenty years ago. Young men today are the children of the children of the 1960s.

• That's why you're getting so many negative answers from the girls here. If there was plenty of masculine men, women wouldn't be so annoyed as to get angry with you here. Women realize that the competition to get a masculine man is getting tougher and tougher, and they're scared by that! Defeminize yourself, learn some game, and you'll have a wonderful time.

• who says you can't use force these days?

• The police, the courts, all the non-rapist population, ect.