Cancelling and rescheduling dates...

Okay, so here is a little back story. I met this guy online and we decided to meet. It was a Friday night and kind of a spur of the moment thing and even though we didn't do much, we just clicked. Things went so well that he decided to drive the 45 minutes all the way to my house to see me the next night. That night he kissed me. It's obvious that he is at least interested in me. We made plans to hang out that Monday. I ended up going over to his place as I only thought it was fair since he drove all the way out to see me. Once again, things just went very well. We hung out once again another time, and this is when things started to get weird. This was also the last I have seen him and it was about 4 days ago. He would text me less and less. Granted, he is still usually the one to start conversation, but he would say that he just isn't in the mood to talk and would apologize because he gets like that "kind of a lot." Understandable, so I just let it go, figuring it was just a bad day and the next day would be better. I thought wrong. He is beginning to take up to an hour to text back, and it really bothers me as I always text anyone back in a timely manner, regardless of who it is, unless I am busy. Here's where it starts to get weird. We had plans to hang out Monday night because he was helping a friend move in in the afternoon. Around 5, he told it was taking longer than he thought. Come 9:30, he tells me he won't be able to make it over but he will definitely come over tomorrow after work. "Double pinky promise." Well, that is today and come the time he told me he was getting off, I didn't hear from him like I usually do when he gets off. I texted him asking if he was coming straight from work and he calls me to tell me that he doesn't think he will make it because he is low on money and it is a far drive. We decided to meet halfway. Once again, understandable. He then texts me and asks me if I work tomorrow and I told him no, but I have plans in the afternoon. He says "Well I was thinking and would you want to meet up early and hang out all day?" I said I would like to because I'd get to spend more time with him and he said "Exactly what I was thinking we can go out to breakfast and do something fun after! :)" Now, I am a little weary that he's going to bail again. He isn't exactly answering my texts at the moment, which leads me to think he actually found better plans. Do I have any reason to be getting so paranoid? He is making effort to make other plans instead of just completely bailing. And as for the texting thing, do you think maybe he just isn't a texter and now that we see each other more often he doesn't feel the need to virtually communicate as much? Please help. I really like this guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey clearly you like the guy, from this huge research paper you wrote here.

But wait, you think he found better plans? No, no, no titties. There is no better plan than going on a date with an exotic woman such as yourself that is willing to make time to meet him. (unless it involved $1,000,000 and cocain)

But let's just leave it at that, you don't have to worry so hard. I think you got this. Good luck though I don't think you'll need it. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Unless there is an extreme emergency such as a death in the family, I never tolerate a canceled date. My policy with cancellations is "one strike and you're out." This guy has already flaked on you twice. He's either a major flake, or he's not interested. It's not your job to find out which one it is; you need to let him go and move on.

For me personally, living 45 minutes apart is too far. I suspect that has something to do with his flakiness; I think the distance may be getting to him.

• Maybe he did find better plans, BUT you shouldn't worry that much because you still don't know him that well. Maybe it's just the way he is. And in the unfortunate case that he isn't interested in you, at least mutually there wasn't a lot of time involved in the relationship to this point.

I hope it works out.

• First of all too long. Second of all why is an 18 year old doing online dating ?

• My apologies concerning the length lol I got carried away. But no, not online dating. Chatting through Facebook. We had mutual friends as he goes to the same college as people I know

• He might be more of a face-to face person. He might just be busy but, yes if your dates keep getting reschedule then you should worry a little. You can always ask him why when you see each other face to face.

What Girls Said 0