Interracial relationships: How far into dating did you bring up race and family reactions?

How far into dating would you bring up a race discussion and how your family would react when dating someone?

Please stop responding to this question. It has been taken over by trolls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't even bring it up. It's of no ones concern nor should it be a problem.

• Your the only one who actually answered the question. So thanks.

• Aha well thanks for BA :)

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't bring up the race discussion. My family is fine with me dating other races. Besides, they know I'm into Latinas and my sister has dated Hispanic guys. No issues here.

• That's the internet for you. Just ignore them and carry on.

• I guess it depends on you family. I would never bring it up because it wouldn't be an issue for me.

• Never since my mother would literally kill me. My mother is very racist. I wouldn't date inter-racially anyway.

• It's 2013 and no one cares about race or interracial relationships anymore.

• No don't down vote. This is true. The only people that care about things like interracial relationships are black people. How many questions on here do you see where black girls ask if white guys like them? All the time? How many times do you see the opposite? Rarely. I wish black people weren't so consumed with thinking that the white race hates them or doesn't want to date them.

• I said ghetto and obnoxious ones cloud up our interest levels. NO one wants to date an obnoxious ghetto person whether they are black, white, or purple. I am a white man and have white friends and I am telling you that none of us perceive the entire black female race as obnoxious and ghetto. Again, this is only an issue because it gives you a reason to complain and be a victim. You accuse us of stereotyping you, when all you're doing is stereotyping all of us white people back. See what I mean?

• It's true. There are black women on here who ask questions day in and day out about how to please white men, how to make themselves look as white as possible so they will take them, etc. It's beyond sad honestly. Entering an interracial relationship shouldn't come from sheer desperation to hide self hate issues.

What Girls Said 2

• Anon user down there is smoking crack. Some people still can't accept interracial relationships, unfortunately. I know my family wouldn't. all the guys I've dated in the past were kept a secret and were told right from the start that there would be little to no chance of it going anywhere. but they still wanted to go out, so I complied.

• If race isn't an issue, then you don't bring it up

If race will be an issue, to be honest, I have no sympathy for people who bring themselves or their partners into unwelcoming situations. If you know your family won't approve, why dare bring them home? Especially when it's an early relationship and it will come down to him/her vs your family.

Losing family isn't worth a relationship that may not go anywhere...

But again, if race isn't an issue, I wouldn't bring it up.